Dalton clutch aviablie - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Dalton clutch aviablie

Hey vendors does anyone have a Dalton clutch kit and overdrive plate in stock and ready to ship. I order one from my local dealer but it will not arrive till Dec 4, I'm already have belt issues and don't want to just change belt then go back and change clutch. I would like to have it ready for installed by Thanksgiving. Thanks in advance for helping me expedite this quickly.

Roman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomDOGG View Post
Hey vendors does anyone have a Dalton clutch kit and overdrive plate in stock and ready to ship. I order one from my local dealer but it will not arrive till Dec 4, I'm already have belt issues and don't want to just change belt then go back and change clutch. I would like to have it ready for installed by Thanksgiving. Thanks in advance for helping me expedite this quickly.

Roman
Romdogg,
Dude, you and I must think alike cuz I am wondering the same thing. My vendor is saying the clutch and plate are on BO and no delivery until Dec ?

However, I am also wondering why people are having belt issue's when the machines have such low hours and a stock clutch & belt? Won't the dalton clutch kit be harder on the stock belt than the stock clutch set up? I am thinking the dalton clutch should grip the belt better reducing slippage and thereby put more strain on the belt. Has anyone out there ran with the DF kevlar belt?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Hey Desertdog I believe my issues is stemming from not knowing how to drive the gear box on my Teryx. I find myself driving in high and 2 wheel drive when I'm going slow and climbing the dunes at Glamis and just cruising around still in high. I also realized I could burn down the wash whoops around 50mph and this thing just passes like a Trophy truck, from talking to people that is very bad for the CVT belt.

Roman

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomDOGG View Post
Hey Desertdog I believe my issues is stemming from not knowing how to drive the gear box on my Teryx. I find myself driving in high and 2 wheel drive when I'm going slow and climbing the dunes at Glamis and just cruising around still in high. I also realized I could burn down the wash whoops around 50mph and this thing just passes like a Trophy truck, from talking to people that is very bad for the CVT belt.

Roman
Yes, it's the driving fast on the whoops that is hard on the belts, because the tires are in the air for a moment then back on the ground and spinning fast. I don't think climbing or crusing around in high is hard on the belt. It's made for that. Although, I drive in the sand and climb dunes in mine in 4X and have not had any problems yet.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 08:32 PM

i was at jsu in phoenix last week and i believe they had both in stock. Give Kenny a call at 623-581-1620 and tell him Brian from Ultimate sent you. That sucks that they are on b/o, but it must be that it is working good.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 08:54 PM
CommanderTalk.com

I know I talked to JetSki Unlimited about getting the clutch kits, so maybe they did!

Crap, reminds me I forgot to call them today.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 04:30 AM

I think the more positive engagement is actually easier on the belt personally. I have run the EPI and also the factory Kawasaki that Dalton recommends and I am actually starting to prefer the EPI.

You are going to LOVE the Dalton clutch kit and cap. Night and day difference from stock. ALso, with the Dalton setup you can tell a lot more easily when you need to adjust deflection of your belt.

But... with the above said, no belt is going to last if you don't learn how to drive your mahchine and what gear to be in at any given time. It will be easier to stay in L when you can a lot faster in L due to the OD Clutch Cover from Dalton, so that is also something you have to look forward to.

2011 Teryx Sport
2011 50" STD RZR LE
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Brian thanks for the search on the clutch I called Kenny at JSU he had the part there told him you sent me and he gave me a killer price and is shipping it overnight for free thanks a bunch bro!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roman
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 10:47 PM

No problem, got to keep the economy going. We just became a dealer for the trail tech dashes today, so if anyone needs one let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement