exhaust - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

exhaust

i had a exhaust tip on my teryx but, after the first weekend 1 bolt was holding it on and after the 2nd weekend i have no exhaust tip. do i buy another , and if so how do i keep it on , or do i go for an exhaust. my dad has the prototype dasa exhaust, jetted and dry filter, and he has very little bottom end on me and at top end we both pulled 55 and i passed him and he backed up. i heard an exhaust is the way to go, but i see no difference. should i just sit down and drive it, the only problem is that i need a spark arrestor for the mountains. what to do?

Last edited by fattnassty; 11-15-2008 at 12:49 AM. Reason: wrong forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 12:40 AM
CommanderTalk.com

As far as the tip is concerned, the Teryx I rode with in the dunes had the tip last about an hour before it melted off. If you want the tip on, I suggest some lock-tite.

I as well as quite a few others have the Muzzys and love it! It has a removable quiet core and spark arrestor so you will not need to worry about that.

Maybe start out with a CDI, then an exhaust, then clutch, and then and then, lol the skies the limit.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpowered View Post
As far as the tip is concerned, the Teryx I rode with in the dunes had the tip last about an hour before it melted off. If you want the tip on, I suggest some lock-tite.

I as well as quite a few others have the Muzzys and love it! It has a removal quiet core and spark arrestor so you will not need to worry about that.

Maybe start out with a CDI, then an exhaust, then clutch, and then and then, lol the skies the limit.
i tried loctite but it melted it off. i have a cdi. it runs great right now , but i just cant leave it alone. my only concerne is getting caughtn in the mountains with no sparky.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 02:00 AM
CommanderTalk.com

Well like I said, the Muzzys comes with a spart arrestor that is USFS approved

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 01:56 PM

I've got a used tip I'll sell for 20 bucks and I'll pay the shipping! If interested?
It is just like this one,

eBay Motors: Kawasaki Teryx Billet Exhaust Outlet Power Tip pipe 750 (item 310099266677 end time Nov-16-08 16:28:06 PST)

I've gone to MUZZY'S and no longer need it!

Strange that you lost yours though, I've had mine for over 500 miles, and the bugger was still tight!!! I have heard of others losing theirs too, IMHO locktite is nothing but a sales pitch.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teee-rible View Post
I've got a used tip I'll sell for 20 bucks and I'll pay the shipping! If interested?
It is just like this one,

eBay Motors: Kawasaki Teryx Billet Exhaust Outlet Power Tip pipe 750 (item 310099266677 end time Nov-16-08 16:28:06 PST)

I've gone to MUZZY'S and no longer need it!

Strange that you lost yours though, I've had mine for over 500 miles, and the bugger was still tight!!! I have heard of others losing theirs too, IMHO locktite is nothing but a sales pitch.
I ran the SS and also the billet for many miles and it never got loose either. I did use Blue Locktite on both of them. Very odd how some people can't keep theirs on but others do not have a problem at all.

How do you like your new found acceleration from 15 to 50 Tee-rible? I LOVE the performance of the Muzzy's, sometimes I wish it was a tiny bit more quiet but the power is awesome for sure.

2011 Teryx Sport
2011 50" STD RZR LE
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattnassty View Post
i tried loctite but it melted it off. i have a cdi. it runs great right now , but i just cant leave it alone. my only concerne is getting caughtn in the mountains with no sparky.
Don't get caught without a spark arrestor. I ride a lot of national forest land and I have been checked 3 times. Once I asked what would happen to people without and was told that they could give you a 500.00 ticket and take your machine. I was like OUCH man that sounds pretty harsh. He said he could but generally depending on the attitude of the person, they give one warning. Guess you would not want to get caught when the ranger was having a bad day.

2011 Teryx Sport
2011 50" STD RZR LE
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 10:32 AM
CommanderTalk.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magellan View Post
I LOVE the performance of the Muzzy's, sometimes I wish it was a tiny bit more quiet but the power is awesome for sure.
Not sure if you are aware of this, however, Muzzys has some new packing material that quiets the system up a tad.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 10:36 AM

I have been running the new packing material for about 150 miles. It is a bit quieter but not that much honestly on the db meter at 5 feet behind the vehicle. My neighbor did say it was quieter on approach to her house (roughly 1/2 mile approach that she overlooks on my way up) the other day, which is something a meter is not going to be able to measure but is a nice feature of the new packing. I like the fact that the packing will last a lot longer. My original packing had approx 160 hours on it when I had them done.

Here is what the new packing looks like before installation into the canister.

Here is how we tested at 5 feet behind the machine comparing the old packing to the new.

We used my iPhone and I first went to Radio Shack and compared it to the one they sell. My iPhone with this software was within 1 or so db so I figured close enough for my testing.

I shot a bunch of video, these are actually screen caps from the video. I will get around to producing it someday. Since I got almost identical db readings with both packing material, I am trying to figure out how to show on video the practical db difference. The new packing is definitely quieter but in a way that is hard to show on video or a meter. It carries less distance, how the hell do I show that on tape? This is why no video has been produced yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MuzzysNewPacking.jpg.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	614   Click image for larger version

Name:	MuzzysTestingdbmeter.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	615   Click image for larger version

Name:	MuzzysTesting5foot.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	616  

2011 Teryx Sport
2011 50" STD RZR LE

Last edited by Magellan; 11-16-2008 at 10:48 AM.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 10:38 AM
CommanderTalk.com

Ya now that you mention it I think we did talk about that

Sponsored Links
Advertisement