Teryx HQ banner

2013 Teryx knocking issue HELP

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  ourflat 
#1 ·
New to the forum and need help. My teryx sat up for nearly a year with very occasional use. Have been using it for nearly a month now. Went to crank it the other day and it took forever. I heard a slight knocking sound so I turned it off and checked oil. It was low. I put about half a quart and started it again. Knocking again and as I tried to listen for location of noise it started to smoke from the engine. I turned it off immediately and have been researching ever since.
I'm not very mechanical at all but I'm not scared to try anything. I've seen posts that talk about rod bearings and belts. It would be nice if it was a belt issue because the rod issue sounds expensive.
Additionally, I really have no clue. I need all the help I can get. Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Hi, since nobody has responded so far I’ll give you my opinion. Knocking sounds emitting from your engine suggest an internal component/ components have mechanically failed / or in the process of failing. If the smoke is coming from your exhaust then you have failed piston rings or failed head valves. The lack of engine oil will cause severe damage to main engine components rapidly, starting with main and rod bearings.

Hope this helps,

Frank

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.