Teryx HQ banner

Dynatek High Energy Coils

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Hunterworks 
#1 ·
I got a brand new set that have not been installed, I will sell them for $100 plus shipping. I don't feel right selling them as I don't think they do anything and Magellan agrees. He has them. He said his miss was fixed with jetting too.

I have dynoed Dynatek coils on a Rhino and Prowler and got no gain.

Believe this or not it only takes 2000 volts to spark a plug the higher voltage is to stop misfires on heavy fueling. I know what I just said means they work, no I mean the voltage the stock ones put out which is much higher than 2000 is good enough.

For what it is worth, MSD tested a HD coil on a Rhino and agreed it did nothing.

Guys we are not lighting a 2000 HP drag care engine. LOL!!

#4 ·
From the other posts
"What I do think it could help with, is when decelerating, (or letting off the throttle) I can smell "incomplete" combustion of the fuel, which actually causes some backfiring or rumbling noises. I would like to know if the hotter temp coils could prevent this, that is what I am asking I guess."

Will or Todd, do you have any rumbling or slight back firing when you are letting off the throttle? This seems to be the only place that I am experience the issue?

#5 · (Edited)
Right now I do because I got sent the wrong pilot jets for the Std bore kit. Normally I do not, that is the idle mix screws that adjust that out Teee-rible once you have the right pilot jet size. I had it completely gone before the std bore kit. I will have it gone again as soon as I get the proper pilots.

#6 · (Edited)
Pilot jet (Slow jet): If unable to obtain a smooth idle with pilot screw, increase the pilot/slow jet until a smooth idle can be obtained. The pilot/slow jet will eliminate or reduce popping that occurs when letting off wide open throttle. The pilot/slow jet will also improve cold weather starts. Go up 1 pilot/slow jet at a time, don't skip sizes. After installing a larger pilot/slow jet, re-adjust the pilot screw.

My machine is DEFINITELY easier to start now with the STD Bore Kit and the new coils. I can start it now without touching the gas pedal standing outside of the machine when it is 20 degrees.

#7 ·
I cured my mid-throttle miss, I thought. I moved my clips on to slot 2 on the needles, and jetted up to a 146 front and 148 rear, and it seemed to take all the miss out. It was perfect while the temp ouside was round 50-55 degrees. Now temp ouside is 75-80 and getting some mid-throttle miss again. Would outside temp make it do this??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.