don't get it need suggestions - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

don't get it need suggestions

Ok I have a 08 with dragonfire cdi, billet tip and now vent clutch/sever duty belt. when I installed the clutch/belt I did the hat also. took it to sand lake agve it a couple hrs nicely the tried to speed, it hooks up much better but am only getting 53 when I used to get 55. tried it again yesturday. same thing on hard pack long flat!!!
I did notince it had quite a bit of deflection< ordered the deflection tool but not here yet> new belt and never touched the belt adjust shims...
I was understanding that the hat/overdriveplate/cap whatever you call it would give instant gains intop speed!!!!???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 10:37 AM
CommanderTalk.com

What are you using to measure your speed? GPS, Vapor or Stock speedo?

When you say cap are you referring to the billet clutch cover? That should allow additional belt travel and give you a higher top speed.

I will forward this to Vent Racing on here to see if they can assist.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

am useing stock speedo as i was before install.

yes I am talking about the cover.

I talked with them after the first run last weekend and they thought the engine not having afe and exhaust was the reason I got not more top speed, btu I would think even if it took longer to get there I should have seen some gain!!??

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 10:53 AM
CommanderTalk.com

Ya I am going to have to agree with you on that. The cap allows more belt travel, does not add more power.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 12:14 PM

Did you change tires? I went from stock tires to 27 " Bighorns and lost 5mph.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

thought about that, same tires even put full air in so I was possitive there was no drag there.
I tried to be sure I covered the bases, all I can figure is the new belt is out of adjustment either new or stretched already.???
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 05:10 PM

I would say belt adjustment #1 and if adjusting that don't help then the clutch kit is not calibrated right for your set up.

Don't get that AFE, does not work right for most applications.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

ok, since my deflection tool is still "in the mail" do you or anybody know how much down pressure you apply to get a correct deflection reading?? the "other forum" I got responces from 10# to 14 # I think I was ever told 8#

a different topic I baught the tool just to get the pressure number, a couple guys that I have talked to said the prices on them is stupid so I got my dealer to give me a great deal so I can use it to design my own with the correct down pressure. them if I can do it without too much machine work I will prob put instruction to build your own on here. I don't beleive anyone sells one aftermarket os it shouldn't affect anyones sales....... correct?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 05:54 PM

"You don't need no no stinking belt pressure tool"

This comes from Mickey at Four Stroke Tech, set the deflection so the belt is barely showing above the secondary sheave. You can look in the inspection plate to check it and if you have the cover off you can see it there of course.

I did mine this way.

Todd

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

too bad for me aleady ordered the stinkin tool along with my piston return springs
no seriously what if its sticking out a ways ad a shim but if its down remove ??? is that the theory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement