dB Rating For Stock Teryx Exhaust - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

dB Rating For Stock Teryx Exhaust

Anyone have an idea of the dB rating for the stock exhaust on the Teryx?

I think it is 92 dB, however, am not sure.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Build Sponsor

My three youngest boys race Motocross, and you get to hear decibles now and then...I'm guessing that it would not even be 92 ...probably less than that.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Hmmm well I am curious to know how much louder my exhaust is going to be just so that I can relate it to others.

Spoke to Muzzys Performance today and they indicated that their sound test on their Teryx dual exhaust had it at about 96-97db.

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpowered View Post
Anyone have an idea of the dB rating for the stock exhaust on the Teryx?

I think it is 92 dB, however, am not sure.
That sounds a bit high to me! I wonder at what RPM and what distance and scale!

I will check mine and post it!

Sand - Dirt - Dunes = Fun
04- 700V - 01- KX500
08 TeryX 2012 KFX450F
06 GMC 2500 Duramax
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Ya I think the way it is tested is 5' in back of the machine at a 45 degree angle.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Ya I think the way it is tested is 5' in back of the machine at a 45 degree angle.
The proper way to test is 20" away from the silencer at a 45degree angle if it is being done per the method approved by the USFS

Stock of most any ATV out now is around 88db or so. I would assume the RUV's would be the same. 97db is a bit loud but not awful. Oregon Dunes RVA the sound limit is 93db.

..Jay
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Oh I stand corrected, thanks Jaybo!

Hmmm, are the dB ratings normally posted on the BLM site?

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Oh I stand corrected, thanks Jaybo!

Hmmm, are the dB ratings normally posted on the BLM site?
oohva.org used to have a bunch of testing results on their page but apparently it is no longer doing so. I don't believe the BLM or USFS keeps track of the data, at least on the web, that I have ever heard of.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Well that may be good information to know before going somewhere

I will do some searching and see if I find anything to share. Thanks.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Build Sponsor

Most of the real loud obnoxious sounding exhausts are usually at like 100-103.

I'm familiar with the muzzy on the other kawi atv's ,..and it is a cool sound,but not even close to as loud as the HMF duals I had at the same time on a v-force.

It is definately louder than stock,but not like most.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement