Anybody here tried the Dynatek Hot Coils? - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anybody here tried the Dynatek Hot Coils?

Ive done just about everything remotely possible to try to cure the midrange miss im having with the dynatek CDI. Ive tried dynojet jet kit, hunterworks jet kit, air lid off, tpi valves, exhaust tip on/off, fuel screws out 1 turn, 2 turns, 3 turns, slide needle on clip 1-5...intentionally used mains about 20 sizes too large and some 10 sizes too small for what is recommended. Ive tried 3 different dynatek boxes...all have the same outcome has the miss and sputter at midrange...The only cure ive found so far is using the stock CDI box..it absolutley cures the problem but the lack of top speed and performance is worthless. Ive tried the air fuel meter. everything is spot on. while i have the miss and sputter the meter shows each cylinder to be within measurements. I think i read somewhere where the dynatek hot coils will eliminate this miss with a hotter spark. Not looking for more performance just wanna get rid of the miss i have at speeds of about 12-30 mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 10:14 PM
CommanderTalk.com

I have the Dynatek coils and when they were tuning my motor even made mention of the fact that I have no miss. Now, others have stated they do nothing, therefore, I am only telling you what I have been told by the motor builder who tuned my motor.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

diesel...dont know if i interpret your response...i guess what your saying is that your motor builder was having the miss on your teryx and then installed the coils and it went away??

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 10:33 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Kinda, we installed the coils prior to them tuning and running on the dyno. After they built the motor and then put it on the dyno to tune, they mentioned that there was no miss.

Could this be contributed to jetting, sure, could this be contributed to the coils, sure, all I am stating is that they did in fact mention we had no mid range miss like others they have done, therefore, we attributed it to the coils since those were the first time they saw them installed on a Teryx.

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

diesel...anyway you can find out from your builder if they had any other customers that the coils fixed the miss? id hate to spend 150$ and they do nothing..
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 10:39 PM

I don't believe they fix anything but I have no proof of that.

Magellan thought it fixed his but later decided it didn't.

My cure is stop driving in the midrange. Drive like I do, either on or off throttle. LOL!!!

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 10:39 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Sure I will see what I can find out for you.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

sometimes we have a group of 10-30 bikes and they all creap along at mid range speeds..just wanna try to get it running best i can
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

thanks diesel..anything is worth a shot
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 10:45 PM
CommanderTalk.com

I am not trying to force you into anything, I can only report what our motor builder mentioned. I will admit that I do take his word on it, since he brought it up and really had nothing to gain by saiying it did or did not work.

If you do end up trying it out, please share your experience with it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement