dynatech engine miss - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thumbs down dynatech engine miss

well went out riding this weekend and noticed after I installed cdi I have a miss at mid throttle or so put stock cdi back in and surprise ,surprise no miss what do I do will they take it back my brother bought one also and that works fine help me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 10:01 PM

I am beginning to hear this alot, I have no idea what is going on.

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

hey todd do you think dynatech will take this cdi back how are they to deal with? cant wait to get the rest of the jet kit from you tpi valves and springs and drill bit not running to bad right know but I have stock springs with dynojet mains and needles and 2 turns out on fuel screws. just dont want to have to buy a new cdi box the one I have is only a week old!!!!

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 08:47 PM
CommanderTalk.com

This has been quite common it seems, I have talked to others who say that miss is there, even stock, just really comes out with an aftermarket CDI. I know everyone has different ideas in regards to the Dynatek hot coils, however, it appeared to work on my machine...so much so that when they were tuning it they brought up the fact that I did not have that miss.

Wonder what is going on though?

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 06:38 AM

Yeah,I don't know if it is the CDI or not or replacing it will fix it.

Todd

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 10:24 AM

I have the same issue. I have been just dealing with it. I do know it does seem to go away after its very warm. I mean like after 30 minutes of riding.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 10:51 AM

i sent my dynatek back to dyna when i had the miss..it was returned stating unit tested and was performing properly. This was before any of my friends got dynateks for there 08 teryx's. well after trying 3 different dyna's they all have the same miss on all of our bikes. My dyna came from hunterworks, one came from ebay for 174$ with free shipping, one came directly from dynatek website, and the last one came from a dealer in the area..we are all at sea level and our stock jetting was setup the same..all bikes came from the same dealer..i dont know if we all got a bad batch of cdi's or what but my final option is to try the dynatek hot coils. If i still have the miss after the coils its going back to the stock cdi. Jetting is not my issue. Ive gone from one extreme to the other using different pilot jets, stock needles, hunterworks needles, shim on all different grooves 1-5, air mixture screw at anything from 1/2 to 3 turns out. Nothing i do makes the miss any better or worse is why i still think the cdi isnt getting enough spark or too much timing. I have my hands up in the air at this point. As soon as the dyna coils come in ill report back with the results.

I did run into a guy on the trails last week that was running the procomm. I even drove his bike around, the miss was not present on his teryx. his teryx came from the same dealer and the procom was his only mod. I should have got his phone number to see if the procom would cure my miss but like a fool i didnt.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 11:53 AM

If the procomm cured the miss, you will be lucky it cranks regularly. They are the worst made CDI on the planet. In the Rhino's they were terrible, very hard cold start due to a high brown out voltage and some customers had to get three before they got one that worked at all.

db,

Contact me I know a cure.

Todd

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
If the procomm cured the miss, you will be lucky it cranks regularly. They are the worst made CDI on the planet. In the Rhino's they were terrible, very hard cold start due to a high brown out voltage and some customers had to get three before they got one that worked at all.

db,

Contact me I know a cure.

Todd
Todd....I want that cure to. I 'improved' the problem when I went to the 2nd grove in the needle....and I'll admit most of the time I don't notice it....but at times I do...and it's been agravating. My night riding in case you don't recall is iffy...the brown out voltage problem. I still have stock battery. Kind of holding off to see if someone comes up with something. And like db...thinking of the coils.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 08:05 PM

I got something in mind and I guess I will let DB test it for me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement