Update: Dynatek CDI Engine Miss - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Update: Dynatek CDI Engine Miss

Todd from hunterworks introduced a product to me called the Nology Hot Wire...This product has an inline capacitor that charges and discharges very rapidly providing a spark 300% more than stock. Also with the Nology wires came some Nology Silver non-resistive spark plugs. After installing this product i immediately noticed how super fast the teryx would start. Today was about 72 degrees and the teryx hasnt been cranked since sunday. Without any choke applied the teryx fired right up and idled like normal. Now on the the engine miss. These wires DID NOT clear up the engine miss but i will say about 40% was removed. Whereas i was having the miss at speeds of 8-30 now its about 20-30 mph. Its an improvemant but not a cure. One last note, if you were experiencing long delayed starts after the engine is good and hot these wires will clear that up. Before these wires after i would go on a long ride and stop for a break, then try the crank back up it would take a while, 4-5 seconds on the ignition and a pump on the accelerator to get it to fire up. Not anymore with these wires. Again id like to give Todd with Hunterworks a big thanks for letting me test this product. Im not gonna give up just yet. Have one or 2 more things up my sleeve. Give me a week or 2 to try out some other products.

Last edited by dbmachine; 03-25-2009 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 08:54 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Thanks for the feedback on those Hot Wires...I guess some improvement is still an improvement right

Let us know if you come up with anything else!

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

AFter a dozen phone calls to different companies i finally found a place with the dynatek coils in stock that will let me try them out. The moment i said i was looking for dyna coils for a teryx the salesman said you must have engine miss using the dyna cdi? I kinda laughed and said yes. He went on to say they sold 18 of the dyna coils in the past 2 weeks. He said they will clear up the problems.. I guess i will have to see.. should know this comming up Tuesday.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Forgot to mention the guy that took my order said that dynatek was aware of the miss and that the dyna coils was the solution to the problem. I tried to get in touch with dyna product tech support all day, but never go through. Kept saying your call is important to us and you will be helped by the next available service rep. I finally gave up after an hour or so. Seems like a planned strategy to milk more money out of us.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmachine View Post
Forgot to mention the guy that took my order said that dynatek was aware of the miss and that the dyna coils was the solution to the problem. I tried to get in touch with dyna product tech support all day, but never go through. Kept saying your call is important to us and you will be helped by the next available service rep. I finally gave up after an hour or so. Seems like a planned strategy to milk more money out of us.
Beginning to feel this dynatek cdi has a flaw, but also feel the whole Teryx's electrical system is very marginal.

Keep us posted.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 08:09 AM

I agree with dbmachine this is bull shit I have the miss as well and now I have to by hot coils instead of the dalton clutch kit that I wanted not happy at all they shouldnt sell somthing untill it works the way its supposed to
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 09:34 PM

I have to be honest with you guys, I never heard a miss on my 08, maybe I didn't ever drive at a slow enough speed to hear it.

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 11:51 AM

Maybe I have been really lucky with my Dynatek because don't seem to have any misfires or hard starting problems. The odd time in the fall I had some hard starting after it sat for few minutes after shutting off but that seems to have dissappeared, hopefully. Mine might be jetted really rich and was choking it out in the fall, but now that it has been cold it always starts no problem. Even had it sitting out in -20, pulled the choke and started right up, this was with the Dynatek on it. Have switched the factory in and out, still seems to run good with either in it.

27" XTR's on ITP SS212 Chrome 14's
Dynatek N.P.
FST Standard Bore
Dalton Clutch Kit w/O.Drive
Muzzy's - ceramic coated
SDR Deluxe Cage w/roof
SDR Front Bumper w/winch
Twisted Stitch Vortex Front Heated Seats
Twisted Stitch Vortex Rear Heated Bench
Beautiful Lowered Seat Bases by SDR - Thanks!
Crow 5-point harnesses (x5)
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Maybe I have been really lucky with my Dynatek because don't seem to have any misfires or hard starting problems. The odd time in the fall I had some hard starting after it sat for few minutes after shutting off but that seems to have dissappeared, hopefully. Mine might be jetted really rich and was choking it out in the fall, but now that it has been cold it always starts no problem. Even had it sitting out in -20, pulled the choke and started right up, this was with the Dynatek on it. Have switched the factory in and out, still seems to run good with either in it.
Your lucky based upon my experience. If anything mine is getting harder to start. But it's not consistent on the starting. Also the miss....some days I don't notice it as much....other days it quite noticeable. That says to me, it's NOT jetting. I think it's all electrical related....a weakness in the Teryx that a Dynatek under engineered product brings to the surface.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 04:31 PM

jcummins,

Those wires I sent dbmachine worked good for starting.

Todd

Sponsored Links
Advertisement