Overdrive Cap??????? - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Overdrive Cap???????

I have a stupid question and forgive me for all the questions that I do have. I am just trying to learn these things so I can do my own work.

Okay! So I have put the Dalton clutch kit and the Overdrive cap on my Teryx. My question is would the Overdrive Cap affect my bottom end????? As most of you know I went to Moab this weekend and wasn't completely satisfied with the bottom end. I didn't have the right now response that I needed to pop over some of the rock ledges.

Thanks for the info.

Shane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzin Eddie View Post
I have a stupid question and forgive me for all the questions that I do have. I am just trying to learn these things so I can do my own work.

Okay! So I have put the Dalton clutch kit and the Overdrive cap on my Teryx. My question is would the Overdrive Cap affect my bottom end????? As most of you know I went to Moab this weekend and wasn't completely satisfied with the bottom end. I didn't have the right now response that I needed to pop over some of the rock ledges.

Thanks for the info.

Shane

The overdrive plate has nothing to do with the bottom end. The wieghts might have something to do with it. What combo are u using, rivets or not, how many set screws?? Did you change both primary and secondary springs with the kit??

08' Teryx LE, FST 840, Muzzys, VDI, Dalton, VFJ Roller, Thunderhawk Performance Race Cage, Bumpers, Door Bars and Bracing, Beard TSX Seats, 5pt. Crow Harness, 12" ITP Type 7 Beadlocks, GBC 8 ply Dirt Commanders, Pro Armor Skids, Team Green Plastic

08' Teryx, Maier Orange Plastic, Thuderhawk Performance 4 Seat Cage, Bumpers, Door Bars and Bracing, Beard TSX Seats, 4 pt. Harness, 14" Chrome Doughas Diablos w/GBC Grim Reapers, VDI, Dalton
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchamp View Post
The overdrive plate has nothing to do with the bottom end. The wieghts might have something to do with it. What combo are u using, rivets or not, how many set screws?? Did you change both primary and secondary springs with the kit??
Xchamp-

I don't know for sure... my dealer did the clutch install. I didn't think that the cap would affect the bottom end!!!! All it does is allow the belt to travel further up the sheave... right???? I will find out tomorrow on what they put in it and let you know. Does it matter with elevation or tire size????

All I can say is I didn't have the instant snap like the RZR's did and one of the rzr onwners use to have a Brute force and he couldn't believe how crappy the bottom end was. Maybe I am dealing with a stretched belt problem. We did ride in some pretty loose sand that could of stretched the belt when I was in high.

thanks-

Thanks

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 08:04 PM

yep, thats all the cover does. Try and find out what they did to the wieghts. If they left them empty, no rivets or set screws, that could be some of your problem. If my memory serves me right, on a stocker with bigger tires you should be running the rivets and at least two set screws, maybe all 3!! On my 840 with stock size tires I run them bare, but I have the HP for it. Check with Dale at dalton, very good guy to deal with, he will set you straight. Also ask them what your belt deflection is, should be right around an inch. If the belt is to loose it could hurt lowend. If they dont know (which is likely) pull the belt exhaust off of the cover and see if the belt is at least even with the top of the secondary sheaves. If its below, its to loose. A little above is very good.

BTW, I need a deal on a diamond for the wife, hers fell out of her ring!!!

08' Teryx LE, FST 840, Muzzys, VDI, Dalton, VFJ Roller, Thunderhawk Performance Race Cage, Bumpers, Door Bars and Bracing, Beard TSX Seats, 5pt. Crow Harness, 12" ITP Type 7 Beadlocks, GBC 8 ply Dirt Commanders, Pro Armor Skids, Team Green Plastic

08' Teryx, Maier Orange Plastic, Thuderhawk Performance 4 Seat Cage, Bumpers, Door Bars and Bracing, Beard TSX Seats, 4 pt. Harness, 14" Chrome Doughas Diablos w/GBC Grim Reapers, VDI, Dalton
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 08:12 PM

What was it like before you put all that in?

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 08:15 PM
CommanderTalk.com

I have asked Dale to check this thread out...when it comes to clutches, if he cannot fix it I am not sure it can be fixed

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchamp View Post
yep, thats all the cover does. Try and find out what they did to the wieghts. If they left them empty, no rivets or set screws, that could be some of your problem. If my memory serves me right, on a stocker with bigger tires you should be running the rivets and at least two set screws, maybe all 3!! On my 840 with stock size tires I run them bare, but I have the HP for it. Check with Dale at dalton, very good guy to deal with, he will set you straight. Also ask them what your belt deflection is, should be right around an inch. If the belt is to loose it could hurt lowend. If they dont know (which is likely) pull the belt exhaust off of the cover and see if the belt is at least even with the top of the secondary sheaves. If its below, its to loose. A little above is very good.

BTW, I need a deal on a diamond for the wife, hers fell out of her ring!!!
XChamp-

Thanks for the info. Who did your 840 kit???? I want one but they say that you can't until a fuel controller comes out, however isn't there already to of those out? Two Brothers and Muzzy both make controllers.

Also, I will be more than happy to help with the Diamond situation!!!! Did you have insurance on it? What Ct. weight do you want to go????? Call me or PM me for more info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
What was it like before you put all that in?

HW-

I don't know????? I had the kit put on it before I even drove it!!!!! Do you sell the deflection tool for the belt adjustment????? And if so, how much????

Thanks
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzin Eddie View Post
XChamp-

Thanks for the info. Who did your 840 kit???? I want one but they say that you can't until a fuel controller comes out, however isn't there already to of those out? Two Brothers and Muzzy both make controllers.

Also, I will be more than happy to help with the Diamond situation!!!! Did you have insurance on it? What Ct. weight do you want to go????? Call me or PM me for more info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have the FST 840 kit but its in an 08. Muzzy has a fuel programer for the 09's, but I dont think its enough for a bbk yet. Sounds like some companies have them in the works, hunterworks could probably tell you better.

Diamond was about 15 yrs old, no insurance, no idea what it was and what she wants, prob. something set in her existing ring, we havent even starting looking yet, when we do I will PM you, thanks!!

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 08:53 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Ya I am not thinking the existing fuel controllers out there will provide enough fuel for the 840s just yet. With that said, does anyone know if the OEM injectors are capable of delivering enought fuel with a controller?

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement