New Ride... Want to buy Exaust, Wonder which one to buy, how to jet, etc... - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

New Ride... Want to buy Exaust, Wonder which one to buy, how to jet, etc...

Last weekend I bought a new Teryx NRA... This thing rocks! I am gonna have me some fun on this thing...

I have a 3000lb Winch and Programable Dynatec CDI on the way from Hunterworks. I gotta give my man Todd some props! He is great to work with. Give him a call, and he will definately help you out! Cant say enough good things about this guy...

So, originally I thought, "Hey, I really dont want to mess with the exaust on this thing. I will be plenty happy with the new CDI and stock exaust." Well since I own a Harley, and after driving this thing for a couple of days, testosterone has taken over and I want new exaust! Go figger!

So, here are my requirements.
1) I want an exaust that I can make LOUD (if I want to), and slip in a spark arrester and quiet it down. This is a NRA version after all! I want to be able to hunt with this thing.
2) I heard a Rhino with 2bros exaust that I liked.
3) I dont mind jetting it, but I dont want something that is finickey either. I want something that my wife can come out and start, and I dont want it to run or start any worse than the stock exaust.
4) The main things I want is kick a$$ sound, with reliability. I dont care about the cost, within reason.

Here are my questions:
1) Is the aftermarket scene too early to meet my requirements?
2) Based on the above requirements, which exaust would you recommend? The muzzy's looks cool, from what I read it sounds cool, But do they have meet requirement #1?
3) Based on the exaust you recommend, where do I get the Jets, and what sizes do I need (I live in seattle).

Thats all I can think of at this point, but I want better sound!

Scott...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 09:40 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Hi there, welcome to the site, we look forward to seeing you around often.

I think you may run into an issue with the exhaust, you are asking for two different things.

In my opinion, your best choice of exhaust is going to be the Muzzys. When it comes to the Kawasaki v-twin, they know what they are doing. Jetting it is easy, DynoJet has a kit that we tested that actually works perfect with that exhaust. With that said, the Muzzys is likely going to be too loud for hunting...Granted they do include a quite core with it, I am going to have to say it will still be too loud. Ours is to be delivered tomorrow, so I hope to get a sound clip for everyone to hear. The Muzzys come with a USFS approved spark arrestor, so that is really not going to be something to quiet it down for you.

I have to be honest, any aftermarket exhaust is going to be louder than stock...not sure there is a way around that.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Very cool!

So, if I am thinking about it, even the stock exaust is really too loud for hunting... The alternative is my Dodge Ram, and I have hunted with this thing alot!

So, if I ordered the Muzzy's tonight:
1) When would I have it?
2) What would I tell them to send me for jets?

Scott...

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 10:13 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Actually, you know they have a complete kit, exhaust, jets, CDI, and aluminum fan...it saves you about $100 from ordering separately.

I am sorry, I cannot quote ship times for another company.

You an purchase the items at the following area:

Teryx Exhaust System by Muzzys

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Ok... Dont need the CDI or fan... (CDI in route)

So will this meet my other requirement of being reliable? I dont want to dork with this thing if it gets finikey and tough to start / sputters / pops etc...

Scott...
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 10:59 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Scott, you are free to wait until I receive my Muzzys exhaust tomorrow for our project Teryx. I will be able to provide more information once I have first hand knowledge of it.

Honestly, like I said, Muzzys know their stuff when it comes to the v-twin Kawasakis. Keep in mind, this is a carburated machine and what works on one, does not always work on anothers.

I hate to tell you something and have it turn out differently...worse case scenareo, you have to jet twice.

Where are you located?

post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Cool... Diesel, thanks for providing this wonderful info gathering place...

I live in seattle... At about 600ft above sea level...

Scott...
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 11:26 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Oh no problem at all my friend. So altitude right now is minimal for you. In speaking with Muzzys which is in Bend, Oregon (3600ft above sea level) they tell me that the DynoJet kit they used worked out great. Being that where you are the air will be more dense, you may be just fine seeing as a muffler with a quiet core will have a tendancy of running a little richer. Like I said, give it a try, you may have to jet again, but after the first time, it is quite easy.

post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 03:26 PM

id like to hear a sound clip of that muzzy!
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 03:32 PM
CommanderTalk.com

I was supposed to receive my Muzzys exhaust today, however, no one there to sign so it has been re-scheduled for the 5th. As soon as I get it on I will be sure to get a sound clip for all to hear.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement