External Oil Cooler??? - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 266
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
External Oil Cooler???

I am looking for some feedback on what, if any external oil coolers are available for the Teryx. I am looking into getting my 840 kit but before I do, I would like to know if anyone is using an external oil cooler. If so, where did you get it? How much was it? How much cooler is the engine temp? I believe the Rhino's come with one stock, so I'm looking for info if anything is available. I would like to keep using my stock radiator set up if possible. Any info would help. thanks.
Desertdog615 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 11:32 PM
CommanderTalk.com
 
dieselpowered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 2,799
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Yes the Rhino does come with one stock. I believe Four Stroke Tech was doing some testing with an oil cooler, however, have not heard anything about it for some time?




AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
dieselpowered is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 06:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,999
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Try running a product called Two2cool in the oil. Do a google search. I use in my rhino.



Hunterworks is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 266
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpowered View Post
Yes the Rhino does come with one stock. I believe Four Stroke Tech was doing some testing with an oil cooler, however, have not heard anything about it for some time?
Thanks Guys,
DP, Hopefully we can get FST to post an update on what ever he was working on. I saw the picture that was posted in the earlier email. I would be very interested in more info on that set up.
Desertdog615 is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertdog615 View Post
Thanks Guys,
DP, Hopefully we can get FST to post an update on what ever he was working on. I saw the picture that was posted in the earlier email. I would be very interested in more info on that set up.
I have them ready to go, but I don't think most people need them. I don't see crazy oil temps or oil problems with any of our big bore kits. If I was running a 200 mile race I would run one because of the qt. more of oil you would have, and it would keep the oil cooler and last longer on the long race.
Four Stroke Tech is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 266
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Stroke Tech View Post
I have them ready to go, but I don't think most people need them. I don't see crazy oil temps or oil problems with any of our big bore kits. If I was running a 200 mile race I would run one because of the qt. more of oil you would have, and it would keep the oil cooler and last longer on the long race.
Hey FST,
I am thinking that the benefits of the extra qt of oil along with the cooler oil temp can only be a good thing. I ride in the desert on sand trails and dunes, so the engine is usually running at high RPM's. I have gotten hot a few times but never actually overheated, so I just want to be careful with the extra CC's. I believe it is better to be safe than sorry.
What is my cost? Anything special needed to do the install? i.e. a bracket?
Thanks
Desertdog615 is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertdog615 View Post
Hey FST,
I am thinking that the benefits of the extra qt of oil along with the cooler oil temp can only be a good thing. I ride in the desert on sand trails and dunes, so the engine is usually running at high RPM's. I have gotten hot a few times but never actually overheated, so I just want to be careful with the extra CC's. I believe it is better to be safe than sorry.
What is my cost? Anything special needed to do the install? i.e. a bracket?
Thanks


Yes,then you would benefit from it. The kit just comes with the cooler,hose,clamps and the sandwich adapter. You have to move the water line in front ogf the oil filter and then you mount the cooler where ever you want. Everyone wanted a different place to mount it so I leave that up to each person. Your cost would be $161 plus shipping.
Four Stroke Tech is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 266
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Stroke Tech View Post
Yes,then you would benefit from it. The kit just comes with the cooler,hose,clamps and the sandwich adapter. You have to move the water line in front ogf the oil filter and then you mount the cooler where ever you want. Everyone wanted a different place to mount it so I leave that up to each person. Your cost would be $161 plus shipping.
Thank you for the info. I will be in touch when I move forward in the near future.
Desertdog615 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a Soft Storage/Cooler dirtracer4 Kawasaki Teryx Exterior Discussions 6 03-25-2009 01:14 AM
Oil Cooler dieselpowered Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions 7 11-11-2008 09:02 PM
Skid plate, cooler rack, and rear seat base NEVERENOUGH Kawasaki Teryx Safety Discussions 3 04-30-2008 02:19 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89