Teryx HQ banner

Heat Issues

19K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Cliff Kelly 
#1 ·
For those of you running into heat issues, I am curious to know if you are running a windshield as well. Is it possible that a vacuum is created and actually just keep the hot air from the motor trapped in the cab?

#2 ·
Heat issue

I am not sure if I am posting this right...this is my first forum...anyway, a few people mentioned taking the windshield off as a solution. Do you have 1/2 windshields?

I know that when we rode our first rhino in the mountains without any windshield, it created a vacuum that sucked the dirt into the center console. The windshield solved that problem for us. I was worried about having the same problem on the Teryx.

#3 ·
taking the windshield off got rid of my heat problems.having the roof and windshield on sucks in the dust.if you leave one off it doesnt do it

#4 ·
I solved the heat issue by removing the old insulation from underneath the center console and replaced it with some thicker heat shielding insulation. Then I cut up an old sign and mounted it on both sides of the engine under the seats toward the insides of the seats. Then under the metal i added more of the insulation.
This cut out almost all of the heat and made it a lot quieter in the cab. I will dig out my camera and post some pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.