39mm FCR's on the 840 - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

39mm FCR's on the 840

here are the 39mm fcr carbs on my 840. money well spent these carbs work flawlessly. big improvement over the entire power band. radared the teryx at 72mph at 8600rpm's on saturday and it was still accelerating when i let off the gas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	1782
Size:	315.5 KB
ID:	235   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	1034
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	236   Click image for larger version

Name:	004.JPG
Views:	2734
Size:	318.4 KB
ID:	237  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 11:55 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Looking good! I do have a few questions, so please forgive the ignorance.

First off, are the carbs on there attached to each other or are they both on there seperately. With that said, how does the throttle function, are they still synced with the single cable or what? In addition, do you need to modify the choke or carb heaters or anything like that?

What are the advantages to these carbs versus the stock?

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 08:08 AM

these carbs are bigger and better than stockers,making more power across the powerband

red le
30" XXL's
nukes
custom radio
belt snorkels
dyna
HW carb kit
overdrive plate
xpatv lift
super atv bumper
Night Owl Hids
k&N billet intake
grant wheel
yellow top optima

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpowered View Post
Looking good! I do have a few questions, so please forgive the ignorance.

First off, are the carbs on there attached to each other or are they both on there seperately. With that said, how does the throttle function, are they still synced with the single cable or what? In addition, do you need to modify the choke or carb heaters or anything like that?

What are the advantages to these carbs versus the stock?
no, they are not attached in the pic you can see how they are turned slightly to clear each other. a separate cable gos to each one and then combines into one under the drive shaft housing. there is no choke or carb heater. to start just pump the throttle the accelerator pumps do the trick. these carbs are superior to the stock carbs in every way. first of all the are larger, to take advantage of that we ported the intakes to 38.5mm that is all we could safely go. secondly the stock carbs use vacume operated slides the fcr's are manually operated and have accelerator pumps, that means instant throttle response. trust me these things work great, it won't be long before someone has a kit available!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 09:15 AM

Big carbs on a stocker?

When I put the Dynatech(sp?) CDI on my stock engine & maybe Muzzy's would these be something to add, or would they be a big waste on the stock engine? Also, roughly how many hundred $$'s would be involved?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
When I put the Dynatech(sp?) CDI on my stock engine & maybe Muzzy's would these be something to add, or would they be a big waste on the stock engine? Also, roughly how many hundred $$'s would be involved?
i can't imagine you wouldn't see some nice gains on a stock motor but you may be better off investing in one of Four Stroke Techs bb kits first. this carb setup will run you close to $1000 if you do the fab work your self. you can get one of mickeys standard bore kits w/cams for that! don't get me wrong though these are great carbs!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase View Post
here are the 39mm fcr carbs on my 840. money well spent these carbs work flawlessly. big improvement over the entire power band. radared the teryx at 72mph at 8600rpm's on saturday and it was still accelerating when i let off the gas.
Your boy from White Knuckle Racing called today, looks like someone is coming for you!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Stroke Tech View Post
Your boy from White Knuckle Racing called today, looks like someone is coming for you!
i'm going to need those big valves fast! let me know when you have them .
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 04:39 PM

What model fcr are these they have a down turn for the float bowl. The fcr's I have used (single cylinder racebikes) are all verticle without a bend. My bro just picked up a teryx I was thinking of one but was going to wait for efi, I never thought of fcr's. Now I might change my mind.

It sucks that these motors can oly open up to 38.5mm did you fully port the motor or just port match.

Finaly the 840 is it bigbore or stroked combo.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_hulkamaniac View Post
What model fcr are these they have a down turn for the float bowl. The fcr's I have used (single cylinder racebikes) are all verticle without a bend. My bro just picked up a teryx I was thinking of one but was going to wait for efi, I never thought of fcr's. Now I might change my mind.

It sucks that these motors can oly open up to 38.5mm did you fully port the motor or just port match.

Finaly the 840 is it bigbore or stroked combo.
they are 39mm fcr downdrafts, its an sv650 kit the bowls are tilted. just port mached the intake snout. the 840 is a bb no stroke!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement