Dalton Clutch Kit - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
Build Sponsor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Dalton Clutch Kit

Kit is designed specifically to fit the 08 750 Kawasaki Teryx RUV.This kit was developed to improve acceleration and back shift performance in a variety of conditions and also to help recover performance lost from installing large aggressive tires and mud conditions . Improved acceleration and back shifting under load . Also offers flexibility to tune your clutch to rider preference and conditions while still maintaining maximum belt grip. This kit uses Dalton’s patented "Quick Adjust Cam Arms" which allow you to add or subtract mass from the main body of the flyweight without even removing the weight from the clutch. This helps make for quick and easy adjustment for tire sizes, conditions, and changes in rpm requirements from internal engine mods, etc . This kit is very adaptable to mods/changes you may do the vehicle in the future ,and you can adjust it to maximize the power delivery to the ground in many different changes/mods and situations. It is like having MANY clutch kits in one.

When looking at clutch kit options you may ask yourself:

-what if I change the size of my tires?
-what if I do engine mods later?
-what if I make a trip to very high elevation for a couple weeks?
-what if I do a big bore kit?
-Should I buy the kit for mud use?

This kit offers enough flexibility to have accurate cvt tuning for all of those applications,and comes with an instruction manual with basic cvt theory,and tested set up instructions for most common mod applications,and we will soon be able to give baseline set ups for most big bores with custom camshafts,etc.Many people who have been involved in cvt atv's also knows that preferred clutch tuning also includes a bit of personal preference. This kit not only offers a couple of different engagement options(that both have the required load ratings to work with the supplied flyweights),but even if you are the type that likes to do your own fine tuning and prove to yourself that you have the best calibration for your OWN modifications,...You can start with the recomended baseline set up in the manual for your conditions and mods,tires,etc,..and you could adjust rpm up or down to do that testing all with this one kit.

The Teryx RUV is calibrated very different from the Kawasaki factory than the 4x4 atv models. It is a much heavier vehicle than a regular atv, It is often used with two persons on board, and loaded with more weight. This even required different final drive gearing and CVT clutch tuning from the factory .Even in stock form,it uses stock flyweights with a much different profile and curve, as well as the flyweight starting position different than found on ATV models. Through field testing, we found that when using any of our typical ATV clutch products (especially flyweights) that were applicable to prairie/Brute models we could do simple timed runs, etc. using these and get decent results in simple drags ,but belt heat was higher and not acceptable. We designed new flyweight for this application that is specific to this model that has its own new curvature , position of mass, and our "quick adjust" system . These flyweights were designed to work in conjunction with the new springs that were also developed for this model.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010045.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	238  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 08:47 AM

Sounds good

Can you give us an idea as to where we can find them, and perhaps an MSRP?

Thanks,

PowerTrip
Utah

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Faster and faster till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death !

2008 TERYX
FST Standard Bore kit w/ Stage III cams
Vent Racing Clutch kit w/ Billet Hat
Hunterworks Carb kit
DWT Doonz Paddles on Quatro's
Element Cage
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Build Sponsor

Hi powertrip.

This is a new product that is just starting to ship,so it is not in the pipeline yet. Many dealers will not have them for a week or two.

The easiest way to order any Dalton Product is always to go to your favorite dealership,no matter what brand of dealer. We have over 2700 dealerships that buy directly from us in our files,..and ANY real dealership in North America can order from us directly and have it in 2-3 days. Many dealers also purchase our products through wholesale distribution companies ,the biggest being Tucker Rocky. Practically EVERY dealership in the US has an account with TR and order from them every day or two anyways for their other aftermarket products.
As this is a new product ,it just missed TR's 09 dealer catalog which will go to dealers soon. Tucker will give us a part number soon I expect,and the dealer network will be advised .

For now you can simply have your local dealer call us. Even if they have never ordered directly from us before,we can usually verify their dealership and set them up and ship the same day.

There are other parts resellers and ATV shops that will stock them probably once things get rolling along. By mid next week we should have capacity to get some more out there. Right now we have enough for back orders and a few extras.

Suggested list price is 379.Any dealership should be able to sell the kit for that(sometimes plus a bit of freight if they are only bringing in one to get started).

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Build Sponsor

We now have the clutch tuning specs for the Fundy Standard bore engine kit,and will soon have feedback information available for the Four Stroke Tech 840.

Once you drive one of these engines with real camshafts installed,you will never go back! just awsome.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Build Sponsor

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 01:17 PM
CommanderTalk.com

I just simply cannot wait to get this clutch kit installed, it is definately going to be a great upgrade from stock!

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 08:12 PM

just got my dalton clutch kit on friday and had a chance to put it in today. I don't do any mudding and clutch slipage has not been a problem for me, what is so nice for me is beeing able to adjust the weights without taking the clutch off. for anyone who don't know, i have a 840bb from four stroke tech with stage III cams, full exhaust system,vforcejohn stage 3 clutch mods, vdi and 39mm fcr downdraft carbs, we radared it at 72mph before i let off the gas and it was still wanting to go. i've spent a lot of time in the past just changing weights, i wish this kit had come out a while ago. i am using the or/bl primary spring the silver secondary and all four weights have the aluminum rivets in them, no set screws yet, it engages at about 2700rpm and shifts between 7500 and 7600rpm. i will add some set screws this week and let everyone know how much it changes engagement and shift point. great kit Dale!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 08:22 PM

Hunterworks will be selling the Dalton kit when we get ours installed, tested and video taped.

I trust Dale knows his stuff on these kits and even without installing one I personally feel like it will be as good as it gets.

I know a good bit about roller weight style clutches and I know there is very little you can do with them and it makes feel confident in Dalton knowing they don't do Rhino kits because he knows they don't work while other companies keep pushing kits that do little to nothing.

I also know there is something top be gained with a clutch kit for this style of clutch especially when you modify the engine or go with bigger tires.

A guy that leaves his unit stock there is not much gain at all and Dale will tell you that too.

Dalton does business a lot like Hunterworks does and we will stand behind them and their products.

By the way they will be less expensive coming from us than straight from Dalton due to shipping from Canada. Sorry Dale

If anyone wants one now before we test and do the video we will stock a few kits.

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 01:48 PM

Will the dalton clutch kit increase my top speed.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 03:14 PM

Simple answer is no... but there are plenty of cheap ways to accomplish this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement