more 840 tuning...? - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
more 840 tuning...?

on my rear cylinder.....i figured i would put the air fuel guage on it again since its warmed up here....at idle....its around 12 and just barely off idle its goes to 17 to 19 and then with just a smidge more fuel...just barely enough to hear the differance in the exhaust it clears up and is running 12 and 13...and then onto wide open up to 70 mph its running a steady 10.8...i have a stock needle with a 205 main ...should i bump the air screw in one turn and drop the main down to 195 or what...i have a 205 main in there right now/i dread removing the sub box to retune the front piston...im going to get the rear first..any tips is highly appreciated.
whitey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Senior Member
 
KYWILDCATS74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 375
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey View Post
on my rear cylinder.....i figured i would put the air fuel guage on it again since its warmed up here....at idle....its around 12 and just barely off idle its goes to 17 to 19 and then with just a smidge more fuel...just barely enough to hear the differance in the exhaust it clears up and is running 12 and 13...and then onto wide open up to 70 mph its running a steady 10.8...i have a stock needle with a 205 main ...should i bump the air screw in one turn and drop the main down to 195 or what...i have a 205 main in there right now/i dread removing the sub box to retune the front piston...im going to get the rear first..any tips is highly appreciated.
Whitey that is about what I would try first , except I would leave the screw alone and then see what the gauge says. I bet it will be real close. Good luck.

Merlin Motorsports custom Teryx
KYWILDCATS74 is offline  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
i was going to bump the screw because off the lean area or should i just leave it alone/
whitey is offline  
 
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
well after a 195 main and a 40 pilot and 1 shim under stock needle....the rear cylinder is going crazy.....11.5 at idle and going to 19 and 20 and sometimes higher while running wide open....i added more fuel and it gets leaner....any ideas...i can run for a 1/4 mile at wide open and it will never get steady....it will sit at 11 and 12 for a minute and then go crazy....up to 20 some....it runs good and sounds good but the air fuel guage goes crazy....any ideas
whitey is offline  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
and it seems to backfire more thru the exhaust on letting off the gas....the guage gets so eratic it will frezze up on my lm1 and i will have to reboot it.
whitey is offline  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
and while in neatral my idle is fine but it all goes lean after revving it up ...
whitey is offline  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Senior Member
 
KYWILDCATS74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 375
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey View Post
and while in neatral my idle is fine but it all goes lean after revving it up ...
Whitey , put the shim back so you have two. If you went with the 40 only go out 1 1/2 turns at first. You did not add fuel if you dropped the needle and dropped the main .. you just leaned it out way to much.. You are also changing way to many things at once. If you were running 205 then go with a 200 main put the shim back in and while your at it put the 38 back to. Turn your screw out 2 3/4 turns then check. I would almost bet it will be right

Merlin Motorsports custom Teryx
KYWILDCATS74 is offline  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
no i have changed one at a time but only reported to you guys time to time...anyways when i started i was way rich at wide open...i backed down to a 195 from 205...i have the 200 in the front.after that i was going way lean everywhere...so i added a shim under the needle to raise it...[rasing the needle means to richen right]and then i checked it and it didnt hardly see a differance...so then i added the 40 pilot..anyways after the last report and it was eractic ..i drink a half a beer for good timing and thinking!!and tried it again and it run steady at 12s and low 13s..it got dark and i quit fooling with it...and after all this time that odd sounding miss that has drove me crazy...it seemed to be a whole lot better..not gone...but better..
whitey is offline  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Senior Member
 
KYWILDCATS74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 375
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey View Post
no i have changed one at a time but only reported to you guys time to time...anyways when i started i was way rich at wide open...i backed down to a 195 from 205...i have the 200 in the front.after that i was going way lean everywhere...so i added a shim under the needle to raise it...[rasing the needle means to richen right]and then i checked it and it didnt hardly see a differance...so then i added the 40 pilot..anyways after the last report and it was eractic ..i drink a half a beer for good timing and thinking!!and tried it again and it run steady at 12s and low 13s..it got dark and i quit fooling with it...and after all this time that odd sounding miss that has drove me crazy...it seemed to be a whole lot better..not gone...but better..
Ok , I thought you did that all at once.If you add a shim it does richen it up low to mid the main affects everything a little . That is why they say to get wide open right first then mid , idle.. Of course you know that if you go up mains then your richen it , down a size leanin it.. So , if you get it mid to upper 12's and stay under 13.4 your

Merlin Motorsports custom Teryx

Last edited by KYWILDCATS74; 05-25-2010 at 09:26 PM.
KYWILDCATS74 is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
well while im tuning it..all the front plastic off...the engine covers anyways...and everyone say its richens up after the plastic is back on.
whitey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
dalton tuning help, looking for input dave_dj1 Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions 17 03-12-2010 01:42 AM
Almost a full report on 840 tuning............ Four Stroke Tech Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions 63 01-27-2010 10:42 PM
Dalton clutch tuning BRET901 Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions 14 01-05-2009 03:22 PM
Self Tuning EFI coming!!! Hunterworks Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions 4 12-08-2008 07:17 PM
67MPH and still tuning [email protected] Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions 9 05-30-2008 05:28 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73