67 mph ???????? - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

67 mph ????????

I have a 09 teryx with uni filter, MSD ignition, overdrive plate, and muzzy pipe. I have the stock tires on it at this time. I hear guys hitting 67 mph on speedo. I can only get 57 mph and I am hitting the rev limiter. I do have a half windsheild and was thinking i need to take it off to go faster but it already hit the limiter, therefore it would not speed up anymore without the windsheild. I have the msd set on the 4 or 5 setting (dont remember at this time) that is the setting you are suppose to use if you have muzzy pipe. Dont have a tach to see what rpms are when hitting the rev limiter. Anyone have any ideas??????

09 teryx- msd ignition - water impellar - half windsheild - uni filter - standard muzzy - sdr rear bumper - hid lights - dalton clutch- water temp guage - ss108 14 inch with terra cross - dasa kebc block off plate - brake alarm buzzer - over drive plate -ssv works sound system -removable canvas top-odyssey battery- rock sliders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyo View Post
I have a 09 teryx with uni filter, MSD ignition, overdrive plate, and muzzy pipe. I have the stock tires on it at this time. I hear guys hitting 67 mph on speedo. I can only get 57 mph and I am hitting the rev limiter. I do have a half windsheild and was thinking i need to take it off to go faster but it already hit the limiter, therefore it would not speed up anymore without the windsheild. I have the msd set on the 4 or 5 setting (dont remember at this time) that is the setting you are suppose to use if you have muzzy pipe. Dont have a tach to see what rpms are when hitting the rev limiter. Anyone have any ideas??????
you can plug laptop and raise rev and speed limiter

MERLIN MOTORSPORTS GROUP TERYX
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

I bought it from hunterworks and from what i was told he has it set where it needs to be and i dont want to turn any more rpms than i should. What do you think is max rpm i should turn on stock machine

09 teryx- msd ignition - water impellar - half windsheild - uni filter - standard muzzy - sdr rear bumper - hid lights - dalton clutch- water temp guage - ss108 14 inch with terra cross - dasa kebc block off plate - brake alarm buzzer - over drive plate -ssv works sound system -removable canvas top-odyssey battery- rock sliders

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 09:05 PM

Cody, you have it on the wrong setting most likely or we accidently didn't program it before it left, which is highly unlikely but could happen.

Use the dot on the screw not the line where the screwdriver goes as the point and turn it to curve 5. This is the most common mistake

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 09:06 PM

I have a 2010 with msd box,clutch kit, and overdrive plate, but I have stock pipe, and I can hit 60mph. I am on map 4 with the ignition map from 3. We changed my rev limit from 8000 to 8500. I think my speed limit is set to 115 KPH (about 70 MPH according to my truck spedo). When I hit 60 I was just out of engine it hadnt hit the rev limiter yet.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Todd i just went out there to check it and what i think you are calling a dot looks like a small pointed arrow which is pointing at the 5. Im not putting the screw driver slot on the 5.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

What would happen if it was on say 5 and i turned it clockwise to 6

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
Cody, you have it on the wrong setting most likely or we accidently didn't program it before it left, which is highly unlikely but could happen.

Use the dot on the screw not the line where the screwdriver goes as the point and turn it to curve 5. This is the most common mistake
If it is on 4 then i should be able to turn it clockwise to 5 but what if i am right and that puts it on 6

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 10:12 PM

I don't quite understand what your talking about the numbers but if pointer is on five then your good.

To make sure it is programmed you can connect the MSd to software and computer then look at the settings on number 5 to make sure the rev limter is 9200 and speed to 80

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

pointer IS on 5

Sponsored Links
Advertisement