Looking for MSD Map.... - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Looking for MSD Map....

Well guys, I am hoping that someone would like to share their Map with me. I have a 2009 with overdrive cap, uni filter and air box lid off. I would like to take her out this weekend and feel the new top end. My msd and clutch cap just got put on. By the way I am in Tucson and if anyone ever needs to borrow the clutch tools (puller and compressor) let me know. Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 12:48 AM

Call Todd at Hunterworks (601-626-7449) or call Steve at Dasa *internet sales (619-840-4485) these two guys are as up to date with the MSD as anybody they both spent a lot of time on the proto type, I got one of the very first ones that Todd sold and ran great on my stock 09 and later added muzzy v force john mod and Todds muzzy map and on a flat out long run it would hit 68 mph on stock speedo

Big Daddy
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 09:44 AM

Send me your email address and i will send you what todd sent me i also pm'ed you

09 teryx- msd ignition - water impellar - half windsheild - uni filter - standard muzzy - sdr rear bumper - hid lights - dalton clutch- water temp guage - ss108 14 inch with terra cross - dasa kebc block off plate - brake alarm buzzer - over drive plate -ssv works sound system -removable canvas top-odyssey battery- rock sliders

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Smile

My email address is [email protected]
Thank-you...
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 09:46 PM

I hate to break it to you but a map from a similar setup is just like asking somebody what jets are you running? Just for an example I jetted mine just like somebody in the exact same area with the exact same mods and it was way off.. I would have melted a piston if I ran it that lean .. Another person in the area with the same mods had it on the other end of the spectrum and it was way to rich. I was somewere in the middle. The 09 we built was sent a map for his mods and it was no where near close. We had to change the whole map. Of course we used an air/ fuel gauge and got it right. The gauge was so nice the 09 permanatly mounted it. The gauge kit sells for $189 it has everything to tune your bike. PM me and I will give you the ebay item #

Merlin Motorsports custom Teryx
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 10:20 PM

AZTREX other than the air box lid you are basically running a bone stock set up, I have seen Todds setup in 5 different rides and they all ran spot on, most stock setups come from the factory with the same jets or map settings so as long as you don't do any engine mods you should be fine other than the lid off the air box but with the stock set up I don't really think you are gaining anything with it off, but when you start doing engine mods or even exhaust mods thats all out the door but like KYWILDCATS74 said nothing takes the place of an A/F gauge it takes any doubt away instead of the old reading the plug route.

Big Daddy
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Yea I understand where your coming from but the curve and rpm/speed settings are what I am after. Many people have a map for stock setup for the southwest area that works great. I have a air fuel gauge and tune My Gt500 with it. I would like a map to get close and to see the changes. I have heard things like fuel map three with ignition map 4 etc. etc. Thanks though.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 11:50 PM

All I know is that Todd builds a map for the stock Teryx on #4 and a map for stock with Muzzy on #5 he changes timing curve raises the rpm limit to 9200 and speed limit to 80 mph, mine on map 5 with muzzy, billet adapter with uni filter, vforce john clutch mod will run 68 mph on long flat run and has great power, no mises, back fires,stalls and starts great, idles great and runs flawess. Todd at Hunterworks did about 6 months of prototype testing on the Msd before it was ever available, I got one of the first 5 he sold. Unless you have a problem with Todd I would at least give him a call because he has as much time with the MSD as anybody bar none.

Big Daddy
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

No problem with Todd. Love his videos. Just My Msd came from local Utv shop as a package deal. The problem is they don't offer any maps. My understanding is Todd requires (rightfully so) you to buy from him. I understand this but still want/need a map. I will shop from him in the future but not for another Msd.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTREX View Post
No problem with Todd. Love his videos. Just My Msd came from local Utv shop as a package deal. The problem is they don't offer any maps. My understanding is Todd requires (rightfully so) you to buy from him. I understand this but still want/need a map. I will shop from him in the future but not for another Msd.
If you have an air/fuel gauge then just build you own map?? It realy isnt hard , hook your labtop up aloung with you airfuel gauge and adjust while you have somebody driving it. It spot shadows each block that it is in. Plus #s adds fuel to decrease just take #s away. You can set your top RPM (I would recomend 9200 ) and top speed. If your not sure on timing I can email you a base map for your setup. I would still recomend going in changing your fuel blocks 12.5 to 13.1 is were you want to be. You could be in the 10's and if you get the fuel dialed in you will feel like you added some kind of performance part. It is really easys to do

Merlin Motorsports custom Teryx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement