MSD Control for 09 Teryx - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 04:55 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

MSD Control for 09 Teryx

Whats up everyone. I just installed the MSD box in my 09 Teryx. I have the setting on 2 because i do not have any other mods just yet. It seems to me that it did not make a differance. And now, it even falls on its face a bit when i stab the throttle. Also, now it cant even break 50 mph.

Any thoughts?

PS- a rhino 660 (bone stock) pulled me when we were running up a slight grade. Cant have that!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 05:33 AM

Cause you bought it at the wrong place!!! LOL

We preprogram them and you maybe hitting the rev limiter or speed limiter in that curve.

We preprogram curves 4 and 5.

Plug it up to the computer and change the rev limiter to 9200 and speed limiter to 80 mph in curve four and start using it.

Todd

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

yes yes, i get that. Todd, i have emailed you back and forth several times about this. And yes, i should have bought it from you! I did try what you suggested, put it on the 4 setting, chanced my rev limiter and speed limiter. When i tried that, it was VERY sluggish off the bottom end.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 11:44 AM

All I can say is that Todds map kicks but, I bought I think the first one Todd sold and with a stock Teryx on map 4 I got 63 mph, put the Muzzy on went to map 5 and got 65 and tons of more low end, later v force john clutch mod and got 68 mph on a long run, Todd at Hunterworks had hours and hours of dyno time helping develope the MSD for the Teryx and it shows, there are other good map out there like Steve at Dasa he also did tons of testing, at the time when I got mine I paid 425.00 but was lucky to get one then , there are a lot of places out there now selling them at low ball prices but unless you have someone to map them or are smart enough to do it your self buy from Todd or Steve or someone else that has a proven map, its worth every penny to me. I have heard this story over and over about poor performance after installing, I can pick up the phone and call Todd or Steve any time I have a question, that its self is priceless!!!

Big Daddy
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Ok, so i have learned my lesson. Now i need a solution. I understand the program enough to do it myself but do not have a stretch of road long enough. Not to mention the local PD does not understand the importance of dialing in these machines. I also dont really trust any dyno guys to hammer my machine. I am a harley guy by trade and this is a new fun toy for me (and loving it).

I also want some opinions......i do custom painting on bikes and would like to do up some plastics for these machines. I have it planned to paint mine in a few weeks. Do people get these machines painted up???
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 01:28 PM
eez

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09TeryxPA View Post
Ok, so i have learned my lesson. Now i need a solution. I understand the program enough to do it myself but do not have a stretch of road long enough. Not to mention the local PD does not understand the importance of dialing in these machines. I also dont really trust any dyno guys to hammer my machine. I am a harley guy by trade and this is a new fun toy for me (and loving it).

I also want some opinions......i do custom painting on bikes and would like to do up some plastics for these machines. I have it planned to paint mine in a few weeks. Do people get these machines painted up???
lots of the duners do but here in pa they get scratched up and muddy to much to worry bout a fancy piant job in my opinion, not saying i wouldnt like nice paint just not sure how well it would hold up.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09TeryxPA View Post
yes yes, i get that. Todd, i have emailed you back and forth several times about this. And yes, i should have bought it from you! I did try what you suggested, put it on the 4 setting, chanced my rev limiter and speed limiter. When i tried that, it was VERY sluggish off the bottom end.
Not sure why it would be sluggish off bottom and doubt my map for a stock pipe or even a Muzzy would change that

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 07:32 PM

I just bought a brand new 2009 and did the msd, muzzys pro and k&n and it was really lame on take to I ended up getting some custom maps from muzzy and no help still the same thing. So I was messing with it and it was just setting there idling and it would just run ruff and then it would sound like one piston would start missing and then it would come back and then when you would drive it it would just fall on it's face when you would hit the gas hard and then take off. It ended up it needed new plugs and now it runs like a top the stock plug just sucked and I'm sure the dealer starting it up moving it 10' and then turning it off every day for who knows how long didn't do the plugs any help. I put ngk cr7eix in it and it runs like a top now.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 08:15 PM

VfJ has new msds with advanced timing curve's. Maps for stock,muzzys,standrad bore,840,big enjectors And throttle bodies. And a killer price.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pit dog View Post
VfJ has new msds with advanced timing curve's. Maps for stock,muzzys,standrad bore,840,big enjectors And throttle bodies. And a killer price.
We have had the same thing for a while but price he is offering won't stay so you better get it quick.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement