Teryx HQ banner

Muzzy STD VS Muzzy Pro.

11K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  KYWILDCATS74 
#1 ·
I have a DFR 840 kit and was looking at getting a muzzy exhaust. Is there a big difference between the standard and the pro? What are the pros to the Pro version?

#8 · (Edited)
Tested the Pro v/s Standard Muzzy in real life run. Four Stoke Tech had the same results. The standard on a straight line drag the bike would be slightly quicker than the pros until the very top end 70mph plus. Standard Muzzy shinned more going uphill. The pros will pull more HP on the Dyno but not in the real world unless you are reving really HIGH more than 9500 RPM's. These test were on 840's we have two to test and play on since we actually own them. The pro's do run a little cooler and have a diffrent sound, a little quieter .. Standards have more of a small block chevy sound and the pro's a little more racey sound.

#10 ·
Guess my thinking is if your going to lay that kind of coin down might as well make a smart buying decision if it makes sense down the road. Just by spending some time on here I have a feeling a BBK is in my future. So why not buy the right exhaust right now and be ready for what's coming up. Trying to do the same with all my mods so far.

#13 · (Edited)
LOL splitting hairs. AH yes. You'd think we all ride the same make we could all get along and bash say Motobishis. I was gonna say Rhinos but from what I remember Todd is a Rhino man too. LOL. That's ok people will have opinions I take all with a grain of salt. So far this site has offered a whole pile of good info. I'm trying to take my time and really look at all the options on what to put into my ride. I know from when I first started coming on this forum to what preconcieved notions I had to what I think I know now is completely different. thanks to the input I have gotten from everyone.

Teryx hq 90% good 10% evil. lol.

#14 ·
LOL splitting hairs. AH yes. You'd think we all ride the same make we could all get along and bash say Motobishis. I was gonna say Rhinos but from what I remember Todd is a Rhino man too. LOL. That's ok people will have opinions I take all with a grain of salt. So far this site has offered a whole pile of good info. I'm trying to take my time and really look at all the options on what to put into my ride. I know from when I first started coming on this forum to what preconcieved notions I had to what I think I know now is completely different. thanks to the input I have gotten from everyone.

Teryx hq 90% good 10% evil. lol.
You are right this forum is a great site and we will all never agree on alot of the issues but that is because we all want different things, and that leads to alot of difference in opinions and I like to see someone stand up for what he believes in, that way you here alot of different opinions but we don't have to agree with all of them but I think we should be able to agree or diagree and still get along. I have seen so many people come on here with a problem and most of the time its not long before someone has the answer, thats pretty awesome to see people go out of their way to help a complete stranger so even though our debates get a little tense we should all be able to disagree and still get along but have postive results while getting our opinions across and still be civil to each other, I myself really like this forum and have got alot of help and have tryed to help when I can, I also like to here everyones opinions even the ones I don't agree with because sometimes I have realized that I was wrong and have change my mind, I think we can all have our own opinions and still respect the other guys opinion and all still get along, BUT THATS JUST MY 2 CENTS AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT THAT IS WORTH

#15 · (Edited)
So a guy with a basically stock 08', who is planning on an 840 kit (once his b e autiful 5 year Kawa warrenty is up) (or sooner cause he is getting the itch)

...was gonna put a Muzzy's Pro, because its the only one they offer their "whisper cores" and its cooler temps. Would be ok? Jetting of course, but would notice some improvements with the Pro and be alright on a mostly st o ck machine.????

#16 ·
You DONT want whisper cores if you are eventually doing a 840. One of my riding partners has a 08 with just the bolt on goodies & he purchased the whisper cores. His bike took a hit in power and began overheating on real hot days ( never did that before ) . I would put the Standard Muzzys on. Unless you are going with extensive head work & big carbs. Look I have a fast, & I mean fast 840(08).. I would line up against any and I mean any 09, 10 840's out there with bigger throttle bodies & head work & would be shocked if I lose. Guess what? I am running the standard Muzzy.

#20 ·
yea kywildcat holeshots me by a bike and a half out of the hole, pisses me off lookin at his tailgate till about 40 mph and then i can just berly get around him. kywildcats t rex is a effin axle snapin animal out of the hole, it takes a hell of a lot of speed to overcome his launch. ky has worked hard to get his machine properly set up and it shows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.