Just got my MSD Charge FI from HUNTERWORKS!!! - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just got my MSD Charge FI from HUNTERWORKS!!!

BIG thanks to Todd and Hunterworks!
Just got my MSD w/ the custom tune and it went straight from the box to the Teryx & down the road with GPS in hand!
I have a pretty heavy ride, w/ bumpers, winch, lights, Optima, & Mudlite XTR's, etc., and was getting only about 47mph stock.
Put in K&N, Yoshi full exhaust, the MSD and away I went w/ a full tank of gas and got 56.4mph!!!
Bottom end and midrange could definitely be felt in the "butt dyno" and the extra revs really made a difference!
Running stock clutch right now, but I'm sure it would hit 60mph easy if I had it lightened up or had the VFJ setup!
You all must have sold a ton of these on special last month, cause Amber said she would get me a tracking # as soon as she could & the guys in TX were programing as fast as they could & it showed up right on time when she said it would!
Thanks again Todd!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 04:43 PM

Nice to hear...I'm planning on ordering one of these soon.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 08:03 PM

Any of you guys that don't have an MSD you don't know what you are missing, if I was buying a new Teryx today I would have an MSD and a Muzzy on it before I cranked it, and Todd sold me one of the very first batches he got at Hunterworks and his map hauled ass, 65mph with nothing but MSD and Muzzy, done the clutch work and went to 68mph, and Todds customer service is top shelf, second to none.

Big Daddy

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy View Post
Any of you guys that don't have an MSD you don't know what you are missing, if I was buying a new Teryx today I would have an MSD and a Muzzy on it before I cranked it, and Todd sold me one of the very first batches he got at Hunterworks and his map hauled ass, 65mph with nothing but MSD and Muzzy, done the clutch work and went to 68mph, and Todds customer service is top shelf, second to none.
I can see that easy.
I've just added a lot of weight in accessories etc.
Those XTR's are pretty heavy, but I wanted the radials for the traction pushing snow and all around ride.
Not sure if I'm gonna do the clutch yet, see how this holds up for plowing, trail riding, etc.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 11:38 PM

Yeah my friend was running 27" XTRs and they really put a big load on his, nice tires but they are heavy.

Big Daddy
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 05:31 AM
Mag

Exclamation Warning on purchasing optional parts

I just wanted to warn everyone that is considering changing tire size and other optional parts for your Teryx. This could void your warranty. This even includes parts SOLD by Kawasaki. In my opinion this is a sneaky way for them to get out of their obligations. So, before you change anything ask your dealership if it puts your warranty in jeapordy!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag View Post
I just wanted to warn everyone that is considering changing tire size and other optional parts for your Teryx. This could void your warranty. This even includes parts SOLD by Kawasaki. In my opinion this is a sneaky way for them to get out of their obligations. So, before you change anything ask your dealership if it puts your warranty in jeapordy!
Won't matter if you change nothing, if the engine fails they are not going to warranty it anyway. They say dirt did it 90% of the time and it was your fault not theirs for their crappy filter design.

And please don't use a K&N filter they let way too much dirt pass.

Todd

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 08:13 AM
TeryxHQ.com Staff Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag View Post
Talk to your dealer. They will let you know what is acceptable for changes. I have never had an issue with a bit bigger tires. If I bought 32" and it was for a front diff that would be a different story. That and bring it back stock for warranty work.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 10:18 AM

Hey Todd I wonder if they will warranty one with 840, modded heads, bigger tbs, dfferent intake and a small gear change, I bet it might be a LIMITED warranty, you think they might approve that. lol

Big Daddy
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
Won't matter if you change nothing, if the engine fails they are not going to warranty it anyway. They say dirt did it 90% of the time and it was your fault not theirs for their crappy filter design.

And please don't use a K&N filter they let way too much dirt pass.

Todd
I'm getting rid of the K&N set up pretty soon. I got the drop-in stock replacement & didn't realize what a POS the factory setup was until I took it apart.
That "seal" is a joke!
I've always had good luck personally w/ K&N's, they just need to be kept well oiled & maintained.
So far, I think I'm ok, only been running in the winter pushing snow & haven't been in dirty, dusty conditions & won't be for awhile since I'll be doing military stuff till the middle of July starting next week.

I have the soft rear curtain on mine, so the first thing I did was pull that plastic baffle outta the lid because the curtain kept getting sucked into it!
I wonder how much that thing restricted air flow?

I'm actually thinking about the PJ's Airaid setup to replace it.
Anybody tried it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement