stock 08 - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

stock 08 Needs Help

Ok guys i have a stock 08 with 600 miles and not much money. What will give me the most bang for the buck. I dont know sh*t about this thing so keep that in minde.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2008 CAMO NRA TERYX WITH RIPSAW TIRES, CAGE LOWERED 3".
Tow rig is a 98 DODGE 12 VALVE, QUADCAB, 4 DOOR, 4X4,SWB

Lumpdog trany,no plate, 4K GSK, Glow Shift Guages. KDP retained.2 1/2 Leveling Kit, 16* timeing, ,boost elbow,straight pipe,twin 5''stacks,35'' MT'S,BHAF And more

Last edited by ELKSLAYER; 04-05-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Wow nothing?

Lumpdog trany,no plate, 4K GSK, Glow Shift Guages. KDP retained.2 1/2 Leveling Kit, 16* timeing, ,boost elbow,straight pipe,twin 5''stacks,35'' MT'S,BHAF And more
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 04:14 PM

Your question is to vague! It all depends on what you want to do with your machine. Do you want to go fast? Do you want to mud the hell out of it? Do you want to trail ride and relax? Do you want to hunt? The possibilities are endless. If you want to go fast I can tell you right now that most people on here will push a programmable CDI and muzzy exhaust first and foremost. If you want to mud that bad boy, I can tell you from experience tires will be the best upgrade. If you want to run trails and relax, buy a stereo or pro box top with it already built in. I imagine you haven't gotten any responses because your question wasn't specific enough to answer. You have to realize the broad array of people of this forum and their different interests. I personally like to play in the mud. The first thing I bought for mine was a stereo, followed very closely by a set of wheels and tires. Then a winch and snorkel to round it off. I also put the HID lights on mine because we like to ride into the wee hours of the mornings sometimes. I also put a half windshield on because we wind up on some dusty trails. I also added the slide out cup holders because a beer is a necessity for my riding experience to be complete. The possibilities for your machine are endless. There are a lot of people on this site that like to go fast and could care less about conquering mud holes or deep water. They want a lot of things on their rigs that I wouldn't waste my money on. I am by no means saying they are WRONG, I just like to ride differently than they do. The best advice that anyone can give you at this point is to go ride a few times with the people you will be riding with. Take a look around see what they have, see how you all ride and make your determination for the direction you want to take your machine. I will tell you one thing for certain though, it is an addiction like nothing I have ever experienced. The amount of money/time/effort you put into this thing can be as little or as much as your beating heart desires. I can also assure you that after owning Harleys and sportbikes this is the most fun I have ever had on a weekend. It is also, by far, the most money I have ever put into a hobby. I personally have over $1800 in my stereo alone and wouldn't change it for the world. Ride a few times and let us all know what you want to do with it and I guarantee just about everyone on here will have an opinion on how to spend YOUR money!!! Wow that's the longest reply ever LOL

Black 2010 Teryx 750EFI 4x4 ~ Probox top w/ sony head and speakers ~ Half windshield ~ HID light kit ~ in dash cup holders ~ 5000lb wide spool Viper Max winch ~ 30" Silverbacks ~ 14" SS212 (black) wheels ~ HL 3GX Drive belt ~ submarine snorkel kit ~ 2 Kicker cvt 10" subs and Kicker amp ~ Kawasaki Fender Flares ~ 3" Catvos Lift ~ EPI mudder clutch kit ~

Future adds ~ exhaust? ~ MSD? ~ power steering? ~

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2011, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

As far as tires I have put rip saws on it. I do alot of mud and snow in winter. Mud in spring and fall. Summer is all dust and rock. I ride from 2400 feet to 10,000 feet and yes I use it for hunting. All my rideing is trails no roads and no sand. Just looking to get a little more ump out of it. I do have it set up to use my ipod and I do have cup holders.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 06:57 AM

Well as long as you have cup holders all else is second!!! LOL I can guarantee you everyone on here is going to say CDI and Muzzy exhaust and possibly a overdrive cover if you want more "ass" under the hood. I assume thats what you meant by ump, is a little more power to the ground?

Black 2010 Teryx 750EFI 4x4 ~ Probox top w/ sony head and speakers ~ Half windshield ~ HID light kit ~ in dash cup holders ~ 5000lb wide spool Viper Max winch ~ 30" Silverbacks ~ 14" SS212 (black) wheels ~ HL 3GX Drive belt ~ submarine snorkel kit ~ 2 Kicker cvt 10" subs and Kicker amp ~ Kawasaki Fender Flares ~ 3" Catvos Lift ~ EPI mudder clutch kit ~

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 07:54 AM

I justb ought an 08' myself... Check and fix the known issues first... Water pump impeller, plenum rings.. On top of that maybe a clutch kit and o/d cover... im getting all these installed next week and i can let you knwo on the performance difference...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

I also do a lot of river crossing.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 10:11 AM

If I was playing in the water AT ALL I would snorkel the CVT at the bare minimum. While you're at it you might as well do the intake too, just in case. A 300 dollar snorkel kit is cheaper than rebuilding your motor. Hell you can do the snorkels yourself for about 50 dollars using a parts list off these forums. (search "snorkel") As for the clutch kit.....you prolly aren't going to "FEEL" a lot of difference. What size tires are you running? If they are 28" and under your stock clutch will pull them just fine. It does mine anyway, and I play in the mud. When I bought mine I talked to a lot of people and they all said the same thing about speed/power, If you want an upgrade you are going to feel in the seat of your pants then buy an exhaust and programmer. Again these are just my opinions.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

The snorkel kit might be a go. But that other stuff is way over priced for what you get. I have 26'' tires.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 01:46 PM

If you are going to be crossing rivers you will damn sure want to snorkel the CVT as it sits very low on the machine. Check out the submarine brand snorkel at wildboaratv.com. That is what I put on and it works well. It was also easy to install. bout 3-4 hours. I called instead of ordering of the net and the guy worked with me on the price. I think I got it for like $300!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement