Jetting - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Jetting

Can any1 help me? I put Dynatek ignition and coils, Muzzy Pro duals, Dalton clutch and custom snorkel 3" intake with filter mounted on top. 28" Mudlites. I have a Innovations air/fuel meter. I was wondering if any1 could tell me approx where I should start on jetting? Thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 11:49 PM

Starting point for jetting is going to vary greatly, depending on elevation, temp. What's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander. You at least need a starting point from someone in your general vicinity, and judging by your name you are in alberta, so I would recomend giving Twincylinder a PM he is pretty good at jetting. His machine runs like a Mo-Sucka. He should be able to help you out.

2012 VIBRANT Blue Teryx 4, Muzzy pro's, ECU reflash, custom cage & roof, windshield, 14" STI HD Beadlocks & 32x10x14 STI Roctane's/Tatou 4S Tracks, Rigid Lights, Custom bumpers, Warn XT4000 winches front & rear, bedlift

2010 black, FST 840 stage II cams, DASA intake & injectors, BF throttle bodies, Msd, Muzzy Pro`s, Snorkeled, Warn XT 4000, EMP, 2 seat race cage, Custom rear Radiator, Unisteer, STI HD beadlocks and 30x10x14 EFX motoclaws
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teryxalberta View Post
Can any1 help me? I put Dynatek ignition and coils, Muzzy Pro duals, Dalton clutch and custom snorkel 3" intake with filter mounted on top. 28" Mudlites. I have a Innovations air/fuel meter. I was wondering if any1 could tell me approx where I should start on jetting? Thanx
Since you have a meter it is going to be easy but start at wide open first then go to half throttle and set needle height then idle with mixture screws.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Jetting

Ya Im from Edmonton. Im just trying to figure out this site. Thanx for the info. I wasnt sure if my intake would work. I havent finished putting the quad back together yet so just wanted to start somewhere on jetting
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011, 08:28 AM

jetting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
Since you have a meter it is going to be easy but start at wide open first then go to half throttle and set needle height then idle with mixture screws.
I think this is a 08 (carbed) if I can reed right, You will not get it to work right with that intake sorry. Todd Can sell you a carb kit with TPI valves that set up works well you need some neg air pressure for the stock carbs to work right. Bin there done that. I can help you set it up if you need. I live in stony plain (Parkland motorsports 780-963-0080) Check out the hunterworks site this is the only way it will run clean.I can also bring in the kit for you.

Chris (twincylinder)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 12:51 PM

I have mine running a 3" snorkel and it is running pretty dam fine. You will need to mod the carb slides to get it right. If you need more info pm me. Crow

08 teryx with a few mods. fst standard bore kit, jet kit,plenum rings & billet adapter, uni filter and 3" snorkel & belt snorkels. Clutch kit with overdrive hat. Front and back winches, full length puckboard skid, steel a arm guards, welded on rock rails. 4" cage chop with a puckboard roof. Also cut a hood opening so I can add coolant & wash my rad out after a muddy ride. I'm sure I'm missing some mods but its a start.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crow View Post
I have mine running a 3" snorkel and it is running pretty dam fine.
Crow I am assuming you have a snorkel on your factory airbox, that will work but Teryxalberta has a 3" pipe attached to the plenum with a filter on top, way different outcome with this setup. Its the same as running a open element filter like the AFE open element. I had one on my old 08 and it did not work worth a s**t either, that was the reason I sold it could not get it to run right. At the time I didn't know any better.

2012 VIBRANT Blue Teryx 4, Muzzy pro's, ECU reflash, custom cage & roof, windshield, 14" STI HD Beadlocks & 32x10x14 STI Roctane's/Tatou 4S Tracks, Rigid Lights, Custom bumpers, Warn XT4000 winches front & rear, bedlift

2010 black, FST 840 stage II cams, DASA intake & injectors, BF throttle bodies, Msd, Muzzy Pro`s, Snorkeled, Warn XT 4000, EMP, 2 seat race cage, Custom rear Radiator, Unisteer, STI HD beadlocks and 30x10x14 EFX motoclaws
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 07:53 AM

Tomany, You have more experience than I on that I guess. Did you try the slide mod with epoxy and some new holes? It seemed impossible to get it running right until I did that. I tuned mine in the winter with no air filter at all & then installed the filter and re checked it. It did take a lot of tries but I got it running good. I also tried pulling the slides way up once I got the mains set, the mid range power was unreal but flooded out at 3/4 throttle. If I could only keep that mid range, it was sick. The tires broke loose and dug up gravel till it bogged down.
Is here some one around Alberta with a dyno and experience on a tyrex I wonder? Not real practical for us to drive to California to get or machines tuned as they wont run right here any how. Would be a good reason for a road trip.

08 teryx with a few mods. fst standard bore kit, jet kit,plenum rings & billet adapter, uni filter and 3" snorkel & belt snorkels. Clutch kit with overdrive hat. Front and back winches, full length puckboard skid, steel a arm guards, welded on rock rails. 4" cage chop with a puckboard roof. Also cut a hood opening so I can add coolant & wash my rad out after a muddy ride. I'm sure I'm missing some mods but its a start.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement