Performance set up - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Question Performance set up

Okay, it's spring in Manitoba, and I've finally got some seat time with my Teryx now that I have the Muzzy's, MSD, Dalton, & HW OD clutch plate installed as well as a set of 27" Zilla's.

I have two grub screws in the weights, Aluminum rivets and the amber spring in the clutch kit.

I'm not sure what I expected, but I don't feel I have the snap I thought I'd get after I was done with all these mods. I was looking for more torque.

Before I did the clutch and tires, I could get about 65 mph out of it. Now I can only get about 57 mph. This seems particularly strange considering I can get about 40 mph in low range.

But, top speed is not really what I'm looking for. I'd like a little more hook up when I mash the throttle. Like a jump that puts you back in the seat a bit.

I guess, basically, my "Butt Dino" doesn't really notice a lot of difference from my stock ride.

Does anyone have any advise?

2010 Teryx LE,
MSD
Muzzy's Duel Exhaust
Dalton Clutch Kit
HW Overdrive Clutch Cover
Snorkeled
K&N Modded Air Filter
HID Light bar
Odyssey PC925 Battery
Black Rhino gauge Pod (Tach, volt, W Temp)
27" Zilla's
Muzzy 840, Stage II cams, 38mm throttle bodies,
324 injectors, Water impeller,
new stock crank, rods and barring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfilion View Post
Okay, it's spring in Manitoba, and I've finally got some seat time with my Teryx now that I have the Muzzy's, MSD, Dalton, & HW OD clutch plate installed as well as a set of 27" Zilla's.

I have two grub screws in the weights, Aluminum rivets and the amber spring in the clutch kit.

I'm not sure what I expected, but I don't feel I have the snap I thought I'd get after I was done with all these mods. I was looking for more torque.

Before I did the clutch and tires, I could get about 65 mph out of it. Now I can only get about 57 mph. This seems particularly strange considering I can get about 40 mph in low range.

But, top speed is not really what I'm looking for. I'd like a little more hook up when I mash the throttle. Like a jump that puts you back in the seat a bit.

I guess, basically, my "Butt Dino" doesn't really notice a lot of difference from my stock ride.

I don't have any experience with the clutch, but if you still have the stock tires I would put them back on and see how your Teryx does with the mods and clutch as it is now. I would guess you will need to fine tune your clutch weights.

2009 Kawasaki Teryx Sport
FU2Chassis 4 Seat Cage
TripleX Industries Rear Bench Seat
KBrown Customs HID kit
DASA Impeller
Fiber Skinz

Safety is no accident
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 06:39 AM

Quote:

Sounds like you did something wrong in the clutch or there is a clutch issue. The clutch kit won't affect your top speed.

With exactly the same mods you have our Teryx runs 67 to 68 on flat ground.

Acceleration is very much improved

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
Sounds like you did something wrong in the clutch or there is a clutch issue. The clutch kit won't affect your top speed.

With exactly the same mods you have our Teryx runs 67 to 68 on flat ground.

Acceleration is very much improved
Not sure what I could have done wrong. I used the Amber spring, 2 grub screws in each fly weight. What else is there?

I guess I'll have to pull it apart and look again. Damn I hate pulling the whole body apart just to get to the clutch.

2010 Teryx LE,
MSD
Muzzy's Duel Exhaust
Dalton Clutch Kit
Snorkeled
K&N Modded Air Filter
HID Light bar
Odyssey PC925 Battery
27" Zilla's
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 05:08 PM

Did you put the rivet in the end?

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
Did you put the rivet in the end?
Yes, I used the Aluminum rivets.

2010 Teryx LE,
MSD
Muzzy's Duel Exhaust
Dalton Clutch Kit
Snorkeled
K&N Modded Air Filter
HID Light bar
Odyssey PC925 Battery
27" Zilla's
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 12:01 AM

Does the motor sound the same or does it sound like it is over/under reving. If it sounds like is not reving out in the first 200-300 feet,try removing 1 of the grub screws from each arm if it is better you can try taking out the other screws also, or you could put in the orange/blue spring with the screws and arms that you have installed already. It has a higher engagment and more snap off the line. As for your difference in speed, bigger tires will change your speedo calibration, so you will be going faster than the speedo says you are, try a GPS for more accurate speeds. Good luck, you will get it figured out.

2012 VIBRANT Blue Teryx 4, Muzzy pro's, ECU reflash, custom cage & roof, windshield, 14" STI HD Beadlocks & 32x10x14 STI Roctane's/Tatou 4S Tracks, Rigid Lights, Custom bumpers, Warn XT4000 winches front & rear, bedlift

2010 black, FST 840 stage II cams, DASA intake & injectors, BF throttle bodies, Msd, Muzzy Pro`s, Snorkeled, Warn XT 4000, EMP, 2 seat race cage, Custom rear Radiator, Unisteer, STI HD beadlocks and 30x10x14 EFX motoclaws
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomanytoysnotnuftime View Post
Does the motor sound the same or does it sound like it is over/under reving. If it sounds like is not reving out in the first 200-300 feet,try removing 1 of the grub screws from each arm if it is better you can try taking out the other screws also, or you could put in the orange/blue spring with the screws and arms that you have installed already. It has a higher engagment and more snap off the line. As for your difference in speed, bigger tires will change your speedo calibration, so you will be going faster than the speedo says you are, try a GPS for more accurate speeds. Good luck, you will get it figured out.
Was just thinking the same thing. Larger tires will mess with the speedo.

"infected by the MAD KAW " Mudforce"

2010 Teryx
30 Mudzillas
Muzzy
MSD
Warn winch
Uni with Billet adapter
Dalton clutch kit
3" Gorilla lift
Mud Industries Snorkle with Armor tips
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 12:33 AM

Quote:

Man don't let my wife see this post. If I drop all that coin to get my baby running better and this is the result she'll shoot me.

"infected by the MAD KAW " Mudforce"

2010 Teryx
30 Mudzillas
Muzzy
MSD
Warn winch
Uni with Billet adapter
Dalton clutch kit
3" Gorilla lift
Mud Industries Snorkle with Armor tips
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Yes, I used the Aluminum rivets.
This one might be a hard one to figure out. What I can tell you is what the ones we have set up here and most all the people who bought the same set up have gotten.

Something is not right but will be hard to figure it out on the net

Sponsored Links
Advertisement