installed dasa tb's and trouble - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
eez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Angry installed dasa tb's and trouble

got back my bored tb's from dasa and anxiously installed. started rex up and noticed fi light blinking and could smell fuel and it wasnt running correctly, suspect injectors dumping to much fuel. jumped kds and believe i have service code 11 which would be throttle sensor. What ive tried:
Disconnected/reconnected batt.
checked all grounds i know of
removed/re-installed throttle sensor
unhooked msd
checked over for loose connections about 1000 times
I got the manual in pdf form to try to help me on this and it says not to remove throttle sensor as it is preset at factory, wish i had known this before i removed it to send it to dasa, then again i know some ppl send in theirs just for cores and get ones from brute or another rex altogether so what gives. wonder if theirs a certain way i need to install sensor or what. I need to get my hands on meter so i can further test sensor but it was working fine before i took it apart. Starting to wish i had never screwed with the tb's. If anyone has some insight please help!!!!

09 monster, msd & muzzy std, dalton clutch kit and od plate (not installed yet), viper 4500 with synthetic rope, homemade alum. roof, homemade uhmw skids, homemade catch can, uni slip-on filter with billet adapter, 26.5 pitbull rockers on stock sport rims, hid's from sxs customs, oddyssey 925 with sandjunkies mount, motels full windshield, induced fab doors, 62 mph top speed on speedo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 08:12 PM

damn dude that sucks. keep us posted.

2010 Teryx
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eez View Post
got back my bored tb's from dasa and anxiously installed. started rex up and noticed fi light blinking and could smell fuel and it wasnt running correctly, suspect injectors dumping to much fuel. jumped kds and believe i have service code 11 which would be throttle sensor. What ive tried:
Disconnected/reconnected batt.
checked all grounds i know of
removed/re-installed throttle sensor
unhooked msd
checked over for loose connections about 1000 times
I got the manual in pdf form to try to help me on this and it says not to remove throttle sensor as it is preset at factory, wish i had known this before i removed it to send it to dasa, then again i know some ppl send in theirs just for cores and get ones from brute or another rex altogether so what gives. wonder if theirs a certain way i need to install sensor or what. I need to get my hands on meter so i can further test sensor but it was working fine before i took it apart. Starting to wish i had never screwed with the tb's. If anyone has some insight please help!!!!
When you say it is not running right what is it doing ? I don't think the throttle sensor would have the same setting with the bored tbs any way, I would think the MSD would have to be remapped for the bored tbs, have you tried to call Steve at Dasa yet ?

Big Daddy

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 10:28 PM
TeryxHQ.com Staff Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

PM Steve at Dasa.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 06:56 AM

I just got back a set of bored throttle bodies from them, will install them next week sometime and will be going thru same thing.

My guess is the TPS sensor has to be set to right voltage again and of course the fuel will have to be remapped.

I would call Dan at DASA, as a matter of fact I am going to call him myself on a initial set up to cut my work short

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 09:06 AM

I e-mailed him a map for the throttle bodies. Most people send in their TB with the sensor on. Then we pull it off and put it back on. When you pull it off with the complete plate .... 2 phillips screws ... it does not get out of adjustment. He sent his in with the sensor already off. I think he needs to clear the codes and then the car will run fine. I have done ALOT of these TB and no issues.

I forget ..... did you send me your MSD too?
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
eez

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASARACING View Post
I e-mailed him a map for the throttle bodies. Most people send in their TB with the sensor on. Then we pull it off and put it back on. When you pull it off with the complete plate .... 2 phillips screws ... it does not get out of adjustment. He sent his in with the sensor already off. I think he needs to clear the codes and then the car will run fine. I have done ALOT of these TB and no issues.

I forget ..... did you send me your MSD too?
Yes i sent my msd but you were unable to get it to connect, how do you clear codes?

09 monster, msd & muzzy std, dalton clutch kit and od plate (not installed yet), viper 4500 with synthetic rope, homemade alum. roof, homemade uhmw skids, homemade catch can, uni slip-on filter with billet adapter, 26.5 pitbull rockers on stock sport rims, hid's from sxs customs, oddyssey 925 with sandjunkies mount, motels full windshield, induced fab doors, 62 mph top speed on speedo
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
eez

Unhappy

well did some troubleshooting today and stillk no luck, BTW heres what my manual says about clearing codes:

"Service Code Erasing
OWhen repair has been done, FI indicator light will not show service codes any more.
*But the service codes stored in memory of the ECU are not erased to preserve the problem history.
In this model, the problem history cannot be erased" So there goes my idea about if i clear code problem may go away. I did all checks on tbs ( which is code i got) as per manual and manual states to change ecu but its hard for me to believe it coincedently went bad and i still think it would be a bad tps because i get no output voltage from it when tested and the rex runs no differently when tps is unplugged, i am stumped but hate to start throwing expensive parts at it without knowing they're bad. Wish i had someone local with a rex that could loan me a tps and ecu to test with. Or even a mechanic i could trust that i could take it to. Got dasa maps loaded in MSD for my mods and Talked with steve at dasa and he gave me a couple good ideas on things to check but in all the ones hes changed and sold he has not run into this problem. Gonna try to come up with a game plan and tackle it again in couple days, wish me luck , what really sucks is i tore rex down to get everything squared away for spring riding season, changed rear seal, all fluid/coolant change with water wetter, replaced some bushings and an ball joint, lubed and adjusted all cables, replaced diff lok cable,valve adjustment, and most impotantly added clutch kit, overdrive plate, dasa tb and impeller so i am ready to see what kinda gains i achieve, pray for me cuz i really wanna ride like BAADDD

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 09:15 PM

Have you set the TPS voltage?

Dan at DASA called me today and we were discussing your issue and I wanted to know if they had reset the TPS voltage and he said no.

As far as the codes go, nothing to reset. Once the problem is gone you don't get a code anymore.

There are codes to clear on a Rhino but not Teryx.

Also I ran into a loose connector that caused the TPS error to show.

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
eez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
Have you set the TPS voltage?

Dan at DASA called me today and we were discussing your issue and I wanted to know if they had reset the TPS voltage and he said no.

As far as the codes go, nothing to reset. Once the problem is gone you don't get a code anymore.

There are codes to clear on a Rhino but not Teryx.

Also I ran into a loose connector that caused the TPS error to show.
Input voltage tested good, 5v, no output voltage from tps, dont know how he coulve tested voltage without tb on machine but would like to know if you can somehow test tbs off of machine. I ordered new tbs so hopefully that will solve issue.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement