Standard Bore Kit ?'s - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Standard Bore Kit ?'s

I'm not looking to start a heated debate here, but am interested in knowing if one company's standard bore kit is considered the "best"? Is there one that's putting down the most power/reliability, or are they all pretty much considered equals?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 05:40 AM

There is no best, they all perform relatively the same. The best kit is the one you buy and it works for you and the person you bought it from supports you after the sale.

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
There is no best, they all perform relatively the same. The best kit is the one you buy and it works for you and the person you bought it from supports you after the sale.
???? That's a little harsh. Unless I'm reading into the post too much. This is the same sort of question I was asking. I think people just want an unbias opinion. With all the different type of suppliers etc its hard to make a good decision on who to buy from and the service you'll get. Todd from reading plenty of posts and having dealt with your shop personally I think you pride yourself on good service but its tough when you first get into this to know who to buy from and what are good quality parts.
So far several STD bore suppliers haven't impressed me. My dealer ordered kits and it took the better part of a month to get them when they were promised within a week. Some people might say thats normal. Well school of thought I come from says you commit to a week you deliver or your customer gets pissed because they have their customers calling to see where the parts are. Couple of calls I made my phone calls were not returned or I was treated like I was a bother to the person on the other end. Not good customer service. Final result my 4-5K will go to someone else. Lesson to be learned here is even a small sale for a $50 item can make or break a customer relationship. That's of course we're all not so busy make bales of money during this booming economy.
Wow. now thats a rant. Sorry Todd not directed at you just kind of at the whole industry.

"infected by the MAD KAW " Mudforce"

2010 Teryx
30 Mudzillas
Muzzy
MSD
Warn winch
Uni with Billet adapter
Dalton clutch kit
3" Gorilla lift
Mud Industries Snorkle with Armor tips

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

I realize the vendors on this site all provide excellent customer service...

What I want to know is do all the kits run the same compression ratio, or are some higher? Is one kit considered more reliable than the next? Whose cam runs the best? Which kit is making the most power and torque? Answers to those questions will help me decide as to whom will get my money when I'm ready to upgrade.

Thank you,
Kelly
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 09:21 PM
TeryxHQ.com Staff Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

It would be better if we knew requirements and budget.
Do you want to run pump gas or are you willing to pay for race gas (ie higher compression.)?
Do you want the best bang for the $ or do you want the most hp? Its always a trade off.
Are you running trails, duning or drag racing (different cams) etc.
There are lots of kits out there from various companies offering different compression and levels of kits.
What is your budget?
What do you have all ready (ie full exhaust, msd etc)?
Some kits are better than others and there are lots of good kits and builders.

Last edited by DougS; 04-14-2011 at 10:08 PM. Reason: spelling
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

What I'm gonna be looking for is a reliable kit that runs on pump 93, and will give a nice boost to my current setup: MSD, Muzzy Duals, and Dasa OD cover. I am planning on adding Dasa 38's, as well as injectors when I do upgrade. I mostly ride trails.
I realize all kits will add some nice power gains, but again I'm just wondering if one is preffered over others, and why?

As of now, I'm leaning towards the Fundy as they are making their own cams, and seem to make decent power.
I have heard the AMR is good too, but don't know much about it. I know HunterWorks sells them, so that is reassuring.
I'm sure there are many other kits out there, and that's why I'm looking to become educated before I make my decision.

Thanks,
Kelly
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 08:36 AM

if you are already looking into dasa's throttle bodies, i would also look at their motor kits. i have the 840 from them and it is rock solid!!!! oh... get one of their impellers too

08 LE, DASA 840, Muzzys, CDI, Open Filter Carb setup, VFJ Stage 3, XMF LT w / WER shocks, XMF 2 seat radius cage, XMF bed delete kit and bumpers, Lowrance Baja 540c GPS, HID's, 14" MSA MCX tires on black MSA Diesels, Twisted Stitch Agressors w / XMF seat bases, and a whole bunch of other shit!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx595 View Post
As of now, I'm leaning towards the Fundy as they are making their own cams, and seem to make decent power.
I have heard the AMR is good too, but don't know much about it. I know HunterWorks sells them, so that is reassuring.

Thanks,
Kelly

So you are not planning to do a kit any time soon then, right??

2012 VIBRANT Blue Teryx 4, Muzzy pro's, ECU reflash, custom cage & roof, windshield, 14" STI HD Beadlocks & 32x10x14 STI Roctane's/Tatou 4S Tracks, Rigid Lights, Custom bumpers, Warn XT4000 winches front & rear, bedlift

2010 black, FST 840 stage II cams, DASA intake & injectors, BF throttle bodies, Msd, Muzzy Pro`s, Snorkeled, Warn XT 4000, EMP, 2 seat race cage, Custom rear Radiator, Unisteer, STI HD beadlocks and 30x10x14 EFX motoclaws
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 08:02 AM

I have not been keeping up with Fundy but I heard the other day it maybe months before he has cams.

As for AMR they are good kits but expect up to six weeks to get the kit.

Never used a DASA kit but hear it is fine.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomanytoysnotnuftime View Post
So you are not planning to do a kit any time soon then, right??

LOL. I'm actually not going to be doing this upgrade for at least a couple of months, and maybe not till this up-coming winter. I'm just acquiring info for now.

There's a good chance I'll run DASA's, as they have already treated me very well there. I just don't know if they'r making their own kit, or using someone else's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement