08 teryx top end boggin and decell popping - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

08 teryx top end boggin and decell popping

Hello all i hve a 08 teryx with afe box and filter dragon fire dual pipes danateck cdi clutch kit jet kit

my teryx runs great on idle from 0 till 1/2 throttle then boggs and kinda falls on its face from 1/2 to full throttle and on decell it popps and backfires very badly.

i pulled the jets to clean everything out a few weeks back and i had a 185 and a 190 main jet from the dealer who installed them witch confused me big time and was running the stock pilot jets with were 138 i believe maybe 38 im having a brain fart

is my jetting off miles???

could my valves be this far out of adjustment?

any help would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

forgot to mention im at about 500ft above sea level high heat low humidity and am in glamis alot!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 09:11 PM

MY answer is not gonna be popular but here goes. But of course the guys with our jet kit and a Muzzy pipe will agree!! LOL

Remove the AFE and put stock box back on, you lost so much vacuum and the slides are not operating right plus your having to use such large jets to get back the fuel you lost when you lost your vacuum with that open air box, not cause your moving so much more air.

Our jet kit and TPI valves will outperform what you have easy.

As far as the decel popping, most likely it is the non-baffled exhaust sucking air back into the pipes. Bet that sucker is loud. Not big on the HP gain with that system either.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
MY answer is not gonna be popular but here goes. But of course the guys with our jet kit and a Muzzy pipe will agree!! LOL

Remove the AFE and put stock box back on, you lost so much vacuum and the slides are not operating right plus your having to use such large jets to get back the fuel you lost when you lost your vacuum with that open air box, not cause your moving so much more air.

Our jet kit and TPI valves will outperform what you have easy.

As far as the decel popping, most likely it is the non-baffled exhaust sucking air back into the pipes. Bet that sucker is loud. Not big on the HP gain with that system either.
looud is a understatement i kick myself in the arse everytime i take the thing out, i dont know if i even have the stock airbox ill check into it

what jets do you recommend with the stock airbox?

Last edited by 08kawiguy; 10-22-2011 at 02:28 PM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08kawiguy View Post
looud is a understatement i kick myself in the arse everytime i take the thing out, i dont know if i even have the stock airbox ill check into it

what jets do you recommend with the stock airbox?

STock box then stock jets

IF you do our kit it will be jetted differently, will have two TPI valves in the lids which are just holes you can open and close but the big part of our kit is the diaphragm springs.

Not trying to sell you kit, trying to show you that what you have is a loud intake that does nothing but hurt performance.

On the popping you might want to check for a exhaust leak too

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
STock box then stock jets

IF you do our kit it will be jetted differently, will have two TPI valves in the lids which are just holes you can open and close but the big part of our kit is the diaphragm springs.

Not trying to sell you kit, trying to show you that what you have is a loud intake that does nothing but hurt performance.

On the popping you might want to check for a exhaust leak too
stock jetting with the exhaust and cdi?

whats the specs and cost on your carb and airbox kits
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
stock jetting with the exhaust and cdi?

whats the specs and cost on your carb and airbox kits
No not stock jet with that dragon fire exhaust but it won't be much larger and the CDI has no affect on it really.

Go to our site and look at the jet kit, there is a tech article explaining it all

Todd

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
No not stock jet with that dragon fire exhaust but it won't be much larger and the CDI has no affect on it really.

Go to our site and look at the jet kit, there is a tech article explaining it all

Todd
i went 150, 160,170 and now at 180 jet size with 2 turns out on the air fuel mixture and they were all way lean till now

i checked my valves and they were all tight so tomorrow im gonna do another test run and see if my valves were restricting the flow may be part of my issue
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
i went 150, 160,170 and now at 180 jet size with 2 turns out on the air fuel mixture and they were all way lean till now

i checked my valves and they were all tight so tomorrow im gonna do another test run and see if my valves were restricting the flow may be part of my issue
Those jet sizes are not with a stock box, I was talking about a stock box or a properly tuned stock box.

If the valves are getting tight then you gonna be replacing them soon and you need to do it with aftermarket valves. You can call me on this if you want

Sponsored Links
Advertisement