Muzzy's Exhaust Install problems - Does yours fit your Teryx? - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Muzzy's Exhaust Install problems - Does yours fit your Teryx?

This is copied from another thread so I can hopefully get some advice on getting my #1 head pipe cut down so it won't contact the front factory heat shield and keep the alternator cover from melting. I really want to ride my machine
OK here are some photos.

Problem 2:

Melted Alternator Cover. (Why Kawasaki made it plastic I don't know)

How do I route the head pipe 2 farther away from the plastic is something that I am having a very hard time figuring out.

I really like this system, but I am not sure at all how to solve these problems.

Last edited by Magellan; 09-19-2008 at 05:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 07:07 PM

For the kind of $$$$ you had to pay for that....it should not have those kind of problems.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 06:53 AM

Muzzy's Misfit

I will forward this page to company that works closely with Rob so they can adress this problem

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

I heard from Murray at Muzzy's yesterday on my cell (thanks Dieselpowered) and he is sending me a new headpipe that he says will arrive on Tuesday. I am really looking forward to going riding, it was kinda painful to take an empty toy hauler on this camping trip. Thank you for contacting me Murray.

Towerdog, thank you for helping. I hope my photos will help. I can take more when I re-install showing my routing options.

<joke-on>And to add insult to injury, I get the same fuel mileage in my 2500HD with or without the Teryx in the hauler.<joke-off> <G> This is true, the insult and stuff was the joke.. Sorry have not had coffee yet.

Last edited by Magellan; 09-19-2008 at 05:42 AM.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Update 9-2-08

Murray did indeed send me a new front #1 Headpipe, along with front #2 headpipe and rear #1 and #2 headpipes. Muzzy's is DEFINITELY trying to help me, which is awesome. The new pipes they sent are also ceramic coated which is really cool, do I still need to pipe wrap them?

Anyway, wanted to check back in and let you guys know that Muzzy's is trying their best to help. They even sent me new Kawasaki gaskets. I have to work this morning, but I will check back once I get home and try to install the system again. I am excited!! Thank you Murray.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magellan View Post
Update 9-2-08

Murray did indeed send me a new front #1 Headpipe, along with front #2 headpipe and rear #1 and #2 headpipes. Muzzy's is DEFINITELY trying to help me, which is awesome. The new pipes they sent are also ceramic coated which is really cool, do I still need to pipe wrap them?

Anyway, wanted to check back in and let you guys know that Muzzy's is trying their best to help. They even sent me new Kawasaki gaskets. I have to work this morning, but I will check back once I get home and try to install the system again. I am excited!! Thank you Murray.
Wow, now THAT is service! Kudo's to Muzzy's!
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 02:41 PM
CommanderTalk.com

That is indeed excellent of them! Please let us know if those new pipes work out for you!

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

Yes Murray has definitely helped a TON so far. Here is what the Ceramic coated pipes look like. Got the machine all jacked up and will try to reinstall the new pipes tomorrow.. er today. Would love to hear from someone if I should still wrap the new ceramic coated pipes.. is it necessary?

Also, the new instructions I received with the pipes from Muzzy's are a LOT more detailed and the photos are now in color and easier to figure out for sure. Nice improvement in the docs Muzzy's!!

Thank you Murray, I will call once I install. Hey I rhymed at 3AM!! WOW!! Not even had coffee yet.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MuzzysCeramicCoatedPiptes.jpg
Views:	1178
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	423  
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 01:47 AM
CommanderTalk.com

The ceramic coating will help keep the heat down a little, but nothing close to what the header wrap will.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

SUCCESS. The new front #1 head pipe worked, there is about 3/16 to 1/4 space at least most likely even more between the header and the front heat shield now. HOORAY!! Muzzy's was 100% on the fix. Thank you Murray and Muzzy's. Overall, I got off to a bad start but Muzzy's has been 100% on customer service since I made the proper contact with them. Maybe 110%. Thank you DieselPowered!!

Just got done with a test ride and all is well. I went ahead and sledged... I mean modded the front heat shield for about 3/4 of clearance anyway so not hot interior.

Hope to pla with the F/A Ratio Gauge tomorrow, I can feel it is going to be a great day!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement