Teryx HQ banner

Pilot Screw ?

5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Magellan 
#1 ·
For those that have changed their jetting including removing the plugs for the pilot screws, did you replace the plugs with new ones, leave the plugs out or replace with something else?

#4 ·
How did you get the caps on the pilot screws out?

I am changing jetting, and discovered the cover plugs over the pilot screws? WTF? How did you get those out? They seem to be in there pretty good, and I did notice the factory tell tale black marker across the plug to know if you've been in there. I am afraid to drill these out, I briefly tried prying out using small screwdriver, but that hasn't worked out so well... Anybody have any secret tricks..

Thanks for reply's

#8 ·
I'm sure drilling a hole is a lot easier but also more of a risk of damaging something. I took a phillips head wood screw and used a screwdriver with a little elbow grease and they popped out no problem at all.:D

#12 ·
No prob Todd.

I tried shimming my stock needle on my Vinson and finally gave up and got the Dynojet kit and it was WAY easier to adjust needle with the e clips and comes with the weaker spring which helped for quick throttle opening.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.