How-To: Installing Kawa Exhaust Gasket on Muzzy's Exhaust System - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 06:52 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How-To: Installing Kawa Exhaust Gasket on Muzzy's Exhaust System

Hi Everybody,

It occurred to me to ditch the grease method and try something different yesterday when reinstalling my Muzzy's Exhaust system. The new method worked so easily for me that I shot some video to share how I did it.

There is a high res version and a low res version. Thanks for watching.

High Resolution Version
http://events.helifreak.com/teryx/Mu...ryx960x540.wmv

Low Resolution Version
http://events.helifreak.com/teryx/Mu...x320x180LR.wmv

Please let me know what you think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magellan View Post
Hi Everybody,

It occurred to me to ditch the grease method and try something different yesterday when reinstalling my Muzzy's Exhaust system. The new method worked so easily for me that I shot some video to share how I did it.

There is a high res version and a low res version. Thanks for watching.

High Resolution Version
http://events.helifreak.com/teryx/Mu...ryx960x540.wmv

Low Resolution Version
http://events.helifreak.com/teryx/Mu...x320x180LR.wmv

Please let me know what you think.

Get on-line and look for VW Bug ex gaskets. These old 40hp Bug have the same bolt pattern as we do but you need to make sure they have a inch and a half ID. On the web sites I have seen they will say 1 1/2 or 1 5/8 ID.,if not they are 1 3/8 and they are too small. I told Muzzy to just sell them with the pipes but I don't think it got to the right person. Besides that they are way cheep,like a buck or two.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 08:18 AM
CommanderTalk.com

Magellan, great job on the video you truly did a great job.

I will have to give that a try when I get my pipes back!

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 12:06 PM

Alright now, Magellan, you are inching into my video territory!! I'm supposed to the the king of getting the head in the view!!

Thanks for the info!!

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
Alright now, Magellan, you are inching into my video territory!! I'm supposed to the the king of getting the head in the view!!

Thanks for the info!!
Thank you guys and thank you Todd. Next time I will try for some plumbers crack, so you can top that.

I would love to bring my equipment down to your shop some day Todd and do some HD vids of you doing your dyno testing or something.

I also did a jetting video last night, I will post it sometime soon, gotta finish the edit.

Thanks for watching everybody, I am usually the guy behind the camera and have never done vids like these so I know I suck and they are very informal, but I just want to help.

Your jetting advice yesterday was good Todd. I was TEARING up about 35 miles of Buffalo Mountain Trail #29 today, with a buddy on my Vinson. We go back next Wednesday with the "Beast of Gum Hill" (Youtube) and see what his Brute can do.

MAN what a GREAT day. THe new Muzzy's front head pipe with no wrap and just ceramic coated worked awesome, I will not be wrapping it with the wrap, no need. Thanks Hunterworks and Muzzy's.

Last edited by Magellan; 09-05-2008 at 06:00 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpowered View Post
Magellan, great job on the video you truly did a great job.

I will have to give that a try when I get my pipes back!
Thank you Michael. It means a lot to please the guy who spends his time making TeryxHQ (the BEST) Teryx site going. I tried the rest, but this is the best. Thank you for what you do and for sharing of yourself making this site work. I have some experience with forums and it is not nearly as easy as most people think.

You RULE DieselPowered.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 05:35 PM

I agree with the comments in the previous posts.......with the exception of the comment about plumber's crack! Way too much information there, but thanks for the warning, anyway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement