How-To: Teryx Rejetting 101, the quick way video - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Kawasaki Teryx Performance Discussions Kawasaki Teryx performance discussions.
Engine mods, CDI boxes, exhausts, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How-To: Teryx Rejetting 101, the quick way video

#Disclaimer: First off, let me say that there are always a million ways to do anything you want with the Teryx, and mine is only one of them. That is what keeps this interesting for us and makes us want to play with SxS's, its a fever... a disease....

I am sure that there must be some of you who are like I was before I tore into my Teryx and started doing my own maintenance. I was afraid that if I spent my hard earned money on say an exhaust or a carb kit or whatever there was a good chance I could not install it or it would not work right or that it would somehow be impossible for me as a computer programmer to do. I finally got over it with my Vinson and you can as well. This video is to show how long it takes me to re-jet a carb. This video is 18 minutes long and YOU can literally rejet your own carbs with a few hand tools and in way less than an hour including removing the necessary plastic, the full re-jet and back ready for action. LESS THAN 1 HOUR!!

The only plastic you need to remove is the main one that is between the seats and over the factory seat belts and airbox in the center. There are literally 3 small push rivets around the shifter, 2 large push rivets at the rear of the piece near where the seat belts are anchored to the frame and 2 screws at the lower front. That is it to remove the plastic. T-Minus 3 minutes counting up to LESS THAN AN HOUR.

I made this video yesterday because I had to re-jet before riding today. I am extremely happy with the results of having my carbs better in sync. The bottom line is that in 2x4, I have to drive slower on the dirt and gravel roads running 25 to around 50, the back end is all over the place under WOT so much that you get tired of it wagging around. (who would have thunk you wold get tired of drifting??) I ran in 4x4 mostly today just to keep it in control and I kicked ass and had the time of my life. Dontcha just love a killer ride. We went over 35 miles. The Muzzy's exhaust system when you are jetted right is incredible, I am actually starting to like hearing the tone and knowing how much traction I have at any given moment by the sound. I love my Teryx, it has a few quirks, but lets just say I am trying not to sell my Vinson so I have a buddy to ride with whenever I can go. So I can ride my Teryx..

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the video. It is a pretty realistic example of re-jetting in real actual time I think and I hope some of you can enjoy it enough to try it on YOUR OWN Teryx!! Yea baby!!

Last edited by Magellan; 09-05-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 06:16 PM
CommanderTalk.com

What a great video my friend, very well done, thank you!

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 07:32 PM

Good stuff! Thanks for taking the time to make the video.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 03:04 AM Thread Starter

You guys are very welcome. I will try to video more maintenance when it comes maint time again, right now it is RIDE time.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 07:57 AM

nice video,doesnt sound like the muzzys are to loud

red le
30" XXL's
nukes
custom radio
belt snorkels
dyna
HW carb kit
overdrive plate
xpatv lift
super atv bumper
Night Owl Hids
k&N billet intake
grant wheel
yellow top optima
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddle jumper View Post
nice video,doesnt sound like the muzzys are to loud
Thank you. I uploaded a video that just shows the riding to my gallery here. Muzzy's Exhaust Sound Video Test Ride - Kawasaki Teryx Media Gallery

I am getting a lot more used to them. At first the front head pipe was touching my front heat shield which made them sound louder in the cockpit. I understand that Muzzy's is testing some material for packing that further reduces the sound level but I don't think it is available yet. Power wise now that I am jetted properly is very good. On the trail it is a LOT quieter than the HMF slip-on with QC that is on my Vinson.

I will add that power wise now, I am to the point where I am a lot more aware of belt engagement, I could cook the belt if I wanted to. I am trying to make it last a long time. I have 20 hours on the EPI Belt and will be checking the deflection very soon.

Last edited by Magellan; 09-07-2008 at 09:13 AM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Video has been remade and is on youtube in high quality.

2011 Teryx Sport
2011 50" STD RZR LE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement