Teryx HQ banner

Noobie with question...LE OR Monster Energy?

4K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  bluerex 
#1 ·
I'm looking at picking my first sidexside. Maybe the LE . My question is, is the $650 price difference for the Monster Energy over the LE model worth it ? I will be using the maching for Trails, Work around the property and cruising my MX track. I dought I can upgrade the suspension and wheels for $650. Any thoughts?
Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
Hi there, welcome to the site :wave: I will tell ya, you will probably spend more than $650 upgrading shocks and wheels after the fact. Personally, for what you are using it for, I would go with the LE, but that is just me. I actually went with the standard as it was not worth it to me to spend the extra on things I was not even going to be able to roof (til bed, roof, etc)

#3 ·
I agree that I won't be able to upgrade wheels and shocks for $650. Are the stock Monster wheels and shocks any good? I'm a two wheeler to the grave but am excited about getting this machine and feel like I'll need the better suspension to do some ripping. I'll end up financing most of it anyway and the black wheel look pretty sweet so thats where I'm leaning. Oh BTW I live in New York so it'll be tight trails as well as the track.

#4 ·
I thought long and hard about the same question: LE or Sport, so I can relate. I went for the LE and have ordered after market shocks and springs.

IMHO Kawasaki clearly intended the base and LE models more for work. The suspension is harsh and needs to loaded down with a passenger and 500 lbs of cargo to make it flex. It may work on a race track that's smooth, but it definitely needs to be softened for speed over rough terrain.

I haven't driven a Sport or Monster which have the different shocks and wheels. I read one review that said the ride was a little more softer, but the reviewer was definitely not exited about it.

If you like to modify, you probably will be unhappy being restricted to the factory sport solution that involves just one selection of shock and probably the same spring that's on the work models. The stockers' rough ride is partially due to these strong factory springs. Many custom shock manufacturers not only will customize their shocks for you, but will let you try different springs until you achieve your goals.

I've driven a RZR which has a really nice suspension, and I haven't owned my Teryx for a week yet and I've already ordered shocks and coils to try to get that nice ride back. If you're used to a first class suspension on your bike, you'll probably want it on your Teryx, and you'll probably want to research and evaluate all the products out there, not just pick the factory compromise.

#8 ·
The sport or monster shocks are alot better then the le no question. Are they as good as after market shocks or Long travel..... NO WAY, but you aint getting shocks for $650.00 The wheels on the sport or monster are lighter and look better IMO then the le too. So yes for $650.00 i feel it is a good deal. Not to mention the Kawi green is ohhhhh so SIK.

DASA RACING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING MOTORS AND SERVICE

#10 ·
I went with the blue LE. I'm happy with it. I knew I would eventually replace the shocks and the wheels, so I didn't want to spend the extra money for something I'm going to repalce anyways. I like the blue color of my rig, but I also like the Kawi green. Either way, you can't go wrong with a Teryx.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.