K, I'm here - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

K, I'm here

Hi. Just joined, have yet to get a SxS, but am actively seeking a new 'rex. Hopefully within the next few weeks.

We live near the antelope valley in SoCal. Thats 'bout it for now.

Will be going to the SSSS on Saturday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 11:26 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Hey there, great to have you with us

The Teryx is a great machine, can I assume you mainly would be riding in the dunes?

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

We have 5 acres, so main uses will be around the house. But it will go with us to the dunes or riding spots. But the main desire to have something the wife and I can use in the dunes together.

But the "real need" is so our grandaughter can go with us.

Hoping everything works out. Talked to the local dealer today, he only has 1 red teryx left, not the LE. I believe the LE is what we want to get.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 11:43 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Can I ask what makes you believe you need the LE?

I say this as you mentioned taking your grandaughter with you, therefore, are you talking about putting in a rear seat? If that is the case, then the roof and tilting bed of the LE will be of no use to you. Therefore, you are really only left with some cupholders and a digital gauge.

Look at how much they are willing to sell a standard for, then find out what they are willing to sell an LE for. You can likely save some money and just buy the gauges and cupholder after. Just a thought

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

Well right now I have two price quotes, the LE being $350 more. That's not alotta money. True I may end up getting a new fourseat cage, but not likely within the first year. So having the top would be nice in the meantime.

The digital dash seems kinda cool, especially the gas gauge, if I did want to add it to the base model that would cost about $200.

The gas assist dump bed would make things a bit easier around the house.

The half windshield also is better than nothing, imo.

And cupholders, need I say more?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 08:08 AM

Thumbs up

I bought the base model a few months back, and am wishing I bought the LE... Especially if you can get the LE for only $350 more than the base model.

You'll also want to know that no model of the Terxy comes with a gas gauge, but if you poke around these forums you'll see that several people have come up with some different remedies for that.

I ended up purchasing the digital dash seperately, and in order to clean out the bed after a trail run i need to park on some ramps and hose it out instead of being able to use the dump bed.

Either way, I think for what you want to use it for, you will be very happy with the Teryx, and welcome to the forums.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

What, no gas gauge?! Are you saying not one at all? or, the one it has does not work properly?

Also, good point on cleaning out the bed. My wife will use it around the house from time to time, and I believe the tilt bed will make it much easier for her.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 09:54 AM
CommanderTalk.com

No gas gauge at all, kinda silly eh. My contacts, however, have said that the 2009 was going to come with a gauge, but with the way things happen, I would wait until the 2009 is released at the dealer show to know for sure.

If you are looking at a difference or only $300-$400 for the LE versus the standard, then that ia a different story and I would go for the LE. Previously, you were looking at a differerence of $1000-$1200.

Keep in mind that a four seat cage will likely limit your ability to tilt the bed

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 09:54 AM

No gas gauge at all... There is a "window" located under the passenger seat so that you can see the amount of gas, but it's not exactly practical, especially if there is somebody in the passenger seat. Look around these forums though, as people have come up with remedies. You also may want to try asking Hunterworks if he has anything. The teryx sips gas though (as long as the pedal isn't planted to the floor ), so the lack of a gas gauge hasn't ever bothered me.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Wonder where I got the idea that the LE had a gas gauge Now I feel stupid 'cause I have not seen an LE since who know's when, if even ever.

It sux b'cause I don't know any one with a 'rex, my neighbor gave me his keys to his rhino when they moved to Oregon, so we use his occasionally (in return for watching over their house). It's ok, but not all I expected it to be. My buddy also has one, but we have never pushed it's limits. So spending nearly $10k on something I have never driven is kinda hard to do. I just go off what I read, and from what I read, the teryx is probably the better choice for us.

but no gas gauge? So then what is the "advantage" of the digital dash?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement