Another New AZ Guy - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Another New AZ Guy

Hello all! I'm new to this board. See many familiar faces though. I have had my base Teryx for 2 months now and here is what I have done so far, I love this machine!

- MA Climax Wheels (5+2 front, 2+5 rear)
- Maxxis Big Horns (25x8x12 front, 25x10x12 rear)
- 1.5" wheel spacers on front
- Rigid Industries radius 4 seat cage (silver) with black soft top and cooler rack
- JP Cooler
- PRP low back front seats and 42" PRP rear bench seat
- DJ Safety 4 point harness (3" padded in front, 2" padded in rear)
- Billet Shift knob from Rigid
- Billet 3 panel rearview mirror from Rigid
- Billet light switch from Todd's Custom Billet
- Billet Exhaust Tip from ebay
- Billet Whip Mount
- Aluminum 1/2 doors from Rigid Indistries (HCR)
- Lighted Tribal LED Whip from Rigid
- Horn and lighted license plate (street legal)
- Painted the plastic with Krylon Fusion
- Added marine style cup holders
- GPS mount with Garmin 60CSX GPS

Still to be done when the wallet recovers:
- CDI (Dynatek or VDI) once the bugs seem to have been worked out
- Digital Dash (most likely Trail Tech)
- Fuel Gauge
- HID stock replacements with HI/LO feature
- Custom front Bumper
- LED Driving lights (10" on custom bumper and maybe 30" on roll cage)
- Exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 02:06 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Hi there, believe it or not, I knew you before I technically knew you LOL what I mean by that is when I was talking to Rigid about doing cages, yours was in there being done.

I am glad you have found us and look forward to seeing you around.

In regards to your machine,sounds excellent, we actually are installing a lot of those same products on our project Teryx. The Dynatek CDI thus far has had no issues, once we receive our Muzzys Exhaust system, we will be taking it down to the shop for a dyno run and tuning the carbs perfectly.

You will not be dissapointed with the LED light bars, I absolutely love mine...it really throws a lot of light and is great for those dark desert rides.

Anyhow, once again welcome...I am hoping to get an TeryxHQ event happening so stay in touch. If you want, throw some pics of your Teryx up in the Main Index - Kawasaki Teryx Media Gallery

Feel free to spread the word about TeryxHQ.com to other Teryx owners

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 02:20 PM

Welcome from a guy in N. Az. Where do you mosty ride? Look forward to meeting you and some of the other Az. guys and going on some rides.

Too much is neverenough
2003 duramax dually for towing
2004 Gearbox toyhauler 30fs
2006 limited yfz 450 mine
2003 Pred 500 wifes
1986 4trax 250R sons
1997 300ex daughter
2006 250ex daughter
2008 Teryx ours

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Sounds good. I am always up for a good ride and meeting new people. I will get some pics up when I finish up some more work on it. I have the plastic off doing some repainting. Any idea when the Dynatek programmable CDI will be available and how much it will cost?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

I ride both dunes and trails. I have not had the Teryx up north yet, but looking forward to it. So far I have taken it to the dunes, Four Peaks and box canyon/martinez cabin.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 04:14 PM
CommanderTalk.com

I spoke to Dynatek the other day and they are in the process of building the standard rev boxes right now, likely shipping next week. Shortly after, they are going to start assembling the programmable modules, however, I do not have a time frame for you. Cost is also not released as of yet. Here is some additional information:

TeryxHQ.com Forums - Your Kawasaki Teryx Headquarters - Dynatek Programmable Teryx Ignition Module

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 11:48 AM

Welcome... Enjoy!
Hey GlamisRob how did that Krylon Fusion work Out????
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Overall I was pleased with it but I did not do it quite to my liking so I am doing it again. It held up well except for 2 spots on the fenders. Also, I did not use a clear which I will do this time around.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 05:28 PM
CommanderTalk.com

What sort of prep work did you have to do to the factory plastics. I assume remove all the decals, however, did you need to rough it up or just paint over the existing?

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 07:22 PM

I would like to know about the paint and painting process also. Hey Glamisrob maybe you could start a post and walk us through the steps.

Too much is neverenough
2003 duramax dually for towing
2004 Gearbox toyhauler 30fs
2006 limited yfz 450 mine
2003 Pred 500 wifes
1986 4trax 250R sons
1997 300ex daughter
2006 250ex daughter
2008 Teryx ours
Sponsored Links
Advertisement