New Teryx from the badlands of INDIANA - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

New Teryx from the badlands of INDIANA

Got my teryx couple days ago, can't get my wife off of it - I did say "of it" - not "on it." Getting about thru the second tank of gas. Anybody got a guess of what kind of MPG this thing is getting. I've been driving pretty hilly and muddy terain and I am guessing about 10 - 12 MPG. I also know the t-rex definitely needs a back bumper, in fact for me...it is a must. I have not got a winch yet...2nd other must have. Glad to be here, hope we can share some ideas to better all our Teryx's.
JT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 09:16 AM
CommanderTalk.com

Hey my friend, great to have you with us, look forward to seeing you around often. I used to live in Chicago, so I have camped in Turkey Run Indiana a few times...is that by you?

I am really not too sure on the mileage...once we get the Trail Tech Vapor hooked up, then I will be able to figure things out.

Any special plans for your Teryx in regards to mods?

If you get a chance, upload some pictures in the Main Index - Kawasaki Teryx Media Gallery

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

I'm in southern Indiana, near Evansville. I have been to Turkey Run - used to party there years ago - college days y'know. I don't have any definite plans yet. I would like to get different tires and rims, any suggestions? I am not up on the CDI, but I would like to get the dynatech to improve it - I think it would. Like I said before I am definitely getting a back bumper and winch... they are just so expensive from the dealer thought I'd get my own and install. I need some kind of rear mirror too. I bought the LE model for 9900 OTD in Evansville at West -side Kawasaki. Indianapolis "Brickyard Motorworks" quoted me a price of 9750 OTD, no savings the way gas is. I thought I got a pretty good deal after 4 days of nagging them
down - their first price was 10600 OTD.
We own about 200 acres, most river bottom land - which can be quite fun! No sand here, just lots of mud trails and hellish hills. I broke my t-rex in the way it should be (IMO) ran around the yard for about 20 minutes....then gave her hell, she enjoyed it just as much as I did! I have always had ATV's in the past, knew it was time to upgrade, man am I happy! Was a little scared because of first year machines, but I figured Kawi knew what they were doing.
Going to go mushroom hunting with her today in the strip pits, great trails there for me too.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 10:26 AM
CommanderTalk.com

Mushroon hunting? Literally or is that some kind of term for something else? LOL

The way I see price, if you feel good about your purchase, then that is really what matters. First year machine, yes, however, remember Kawasaki has been making the Mule for many years as well as that v-twin motor, therefore, I think you are correct in assuming they know what they are doing.

I had ATVs as well, and while I thought I would miss riding the ATVs I really do not...we have been having a great time with the Teryx. We have a farm up in upstate New York, around 300 acres of all forest, I would love to take it up there and do some exploring, however, the 38 hour drive from Phoenix would hurt a little.

The Dynatek CDI will really help things out, there is some additional information found on the build page:

TeryxHQ.com Forums - Your Kawasaki Teryx Headquarters - Dynatek Programmable Teryx Ignition Module

Also, RPM Fab is working on another member of this sites Teryx and has fabbed a pretty nice bumper...that may be a way to go for you.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Mushrooms...as in Morel Mushrooms... they can't be beat!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 06:06 PM

Hey welcome to teryxhq glad you found us. Here are some pics of a killer bumper that wsas made by the guys at Off Road Fabrication - Custom Off-Road Fabrication - Offroad Fabricator Shop If you want give them a call tell them I sent ya.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7219.jpg
Views:	1723
Size:	606.3 KB
ID:	101   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7220.jpg
Views:	1402
Size:	642.4 KB
ID:	102   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7222.jpg
Views:	346