Down under Teryx owner - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Down under Teryx owner

I have just bought a new 08 model Teryx in Australia. Kawasaki only stock the 08 model here at this time even though we are half way through 09. My only dissapointment so far is that the induction roar is way loader than the horrible sounding strangled exhaust.
90 degree V twins are not supposed to sound like this. There are no local accessories here so I have been looking for a slipon to import. I am thinking the best way to get a really good sound and power increase to match is a dual system but my budget is limited. I don't want load but definitely a nice note. Suggestions welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 07:52 AM
TeryxHQ.com Staff Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Unless its for sound only, don't waste your $ on a slip on. Buy the full exhaust or to gain similar hp to the slip on exhaust remove the baffle and put on an aftermarket tip for looks.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 09:42 AM

Welcome to the site!
Call Hunterworks, Muzzy system's on sale, get few other goodies off of him at the same time and you will wake up that V-twin. Where in Australia are you, I travelled, like so many others, there on a working visa for 9 months and loved it. I can remember lots of places there I could have fun with the Teryx!

27" XTR's on ITP SS212 Chrome 14's
Dynatek N.P.
FST Standard Bore
Dalton Clutch Kit w/O.Drive
Muzzy's - ceramic coated
SDR Deluxe Cage w/roof
SDR Front Bumper w/winch
Twisted Stitch Vortex Front Heated Seats
Twisted Stitch Vortex Rear Heated Bench
Beautiful Lowered Seat Bases by SDR - Thanks!
Crow 5-point harnesses (x5)

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 03:20 PM

Like stated above, slip ons give no gain other than sound, Full system exhaust give some real gains and some good noise. The Muzzys in my opinion is the best exhaust out there. not to loud, but give it great gains, we have some in stock. Let me know.......and welcome to the site.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 05:09 PM

yeah check out Yamaha Rhino Performance Accessories Polaris RZR 800 Accessories Kawasaki Teryx Arctic Cat Prowler Yamaha Rhino Accessories - Home and i would check out dasa racing also they have some great stuff also
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Thanks all. Seems the Muzzy is a good option. I am also thinking of a DMC. Seems like a similar syle.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 07:19 AM

jhammers,

The DMC is a close style but is edged out by Muzzy on performance and quality.

Todd

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
jhammers,

The DMC is a close style but is edged out by Muzzy on performance and quality.

Todd
Todd,

Ok. So here's the thing. I'm up for a Muzzy and I sent you at hunterworks an email for quote delivered to AUSTRALIA. DMCs are available at $757 + $99 USPS International delivery but I haven't seen any Muzzy's online and no reply with quote so far from you.

Regards
John
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 04:59 PM

I think I got a e-mail about a quote for it Friday and thought I responded. Amber was not in the office and she is the only one who knows how to do that.

Re-email me in the morning.

The Muzzy is going to be $799 plus shipping minus $25. The $25 is to cover shipping already in the price so what ever shipping is we will subtract $25.

Todd

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterworks View Post
I think I got a e-mail about a quote for it Friday and thought I responded. Amber was not in the office and she is the only one who knows how to do that.

Re-email me in the morning.

The Muzzy is going to be $799 plus shipping minus $25. The $25 is to cover shipping already in the price so what ever shipping is we will subtract $25.

Todd
No response yet. Hopefully Amber will be on first thing Monday morning. I looked at your test of 08 Teryx sytems again which included HMF, Muzzy, Gibson and AC Racing. Great work! It is refreshing to see a dealer objectively testing rather than just being "stockists".
Couple of questions though as some things confused me. Thre are 2 HMF Swamp systems: plain Swamp and Swamp XL. Your test didn't say which was which in the dyno charts except one had a quiet core and in the preamble this seemed to be the XL? My understanding from the HMF home web site is the plan swamp uses a fully sealed stainless can with mechanical baffling and is quieter than the XL. I am thinking that XL = eXtra Loud?
Other posts in this forum suggest that Muzzy's are lound but I saw reference to "quiet cores" in your test. Does the system you sell come with these?
I am looking for a really nice sound but not especially loud. Maybe the HMF swamp is a better compromise and no repacking to have to do?

Last edited by jhammers; 06-08-2009 at 04:37 AM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement