I found the forum with a google search and have been pouring through the threads over the weekend. I am new to the UTV market, and after test driving and talking with dealers I am in the process of purchasing a base model Teryx.
My riding is trail / bottoms / and fields in So. IL, so I am looking for any input possible.
I am planning on a base model and changing/adding:
1. Shocks (DFR Fox vs Evans vs ???)
2. Exhaust (DFR vs Muzzy)
3. Intake (DFR vs AFE)
4. 2 seat cage (I have a welder but no access to a pipe bender)
5. Clutch kit, mud (? manufacturer)
6. EFI programmer
7. Bead lock wheels and tires
9. Half windshield
Any comments and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
1. I love my elkas, but the Fox 2.0 are supposed to be very nice also.
2. MUZZY, Hands Down If u dont plan on internal engine mods, I would just go with standard muzzy and not the PRO Muzzy.
3. Dasa is supposed to have a nice EFI intake.
4. Lots of choices
7. ITP Type 7's are fairly light and cheap. OMF and Hiper are very nice, and PRICEY! Tires, im currently testing some pit bull's and so far I like them. I also like the GBC Dirt Commanders.
8. Dont own one
08' Teryx LE, FST 840, Muzzys, VDI, Dalton, VFJ Roller, Thunderhawk Performance Race Cage, Bumpers, Door Bars and Bracing, Beard TSX Seats, 5pt. Crow Harness, 12" ITP Type 7 Beadlocks, GBC 8 ply Dirt Commanders, Pro Armor Skids, Team Green Plastic
08' Teryx, Maier Orange Plastic, Thuderhawk Performance 4 Seat Cage, Bumpers, Door Bars and Bracing, Beard TSX Seats, 4 pt. Harness, 14" Chrome Doughas Diablos w/GBC Grim Reapers, VDI, Dalton