Texas Salute - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Texas Salute

Hi all,

I'm brand new to the forums. I found it last night and after some reading decided this was a good place to be so I signed up.

My oldest is soon to be 6 and rides a Suzuki 50 to go along with my old school 400EX. My other son will be 3 this summer and can't wait for his first "real" quad.

I've hated going riding without the missus because I know she'd enjoy some of it as well.

Last fall I came across a near new Yamaha Bruin 350 with a bad engine I'm still in the process of reassembling for her. In the meantime plans have changed and I bought her a new lime green Teryx the other day. Don't have possession of it yet but hopefully in the next day or three we'll be back down to get it.

Anyways, sorry for the long windedness but I'll be checking in frequently I hope. Because of my occupation, I'm often in and out (here one week, gone for one or two) a lot but I look forward to getting to know some of you.

Kyle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 11:04 AM
CommanderTalk.com

Hey there Kyle, welcome to the site it is great to have you with us!

A new lime green Teryx? The dealer must of had some custom paint done prior to selling it I suppose.

Best of luck with your new machine, you will love it!

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

It is a custom paint, looks real good. They also had a black one fully customized with roll cage, bead locks, custom front bumper, racing bucket seats, Two Bros dual exhaust, etc. and a hefty price tag.

This one is mostly stock as the wife didn't like the custom wheels so they're putting the stock ones back on.

I'm not a big Kawasaki fan but the Yamaha dealer will not get my business and even though it's carbureted, I like the V over the single Craptor engine.

And thanks for the welcome, I look forward to getting to know some of you guys.

Kyle

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 12:15 PM
CommanderTalk.com

So I have to ask, why not a Kawi fan?

Sounds like a nice machine you got there...upload some pics into the Main Index - Kawasaki Teryx Media Gallery when you take delivery of it!

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

I don't know, never had one. I don't dislike them and think they build good stuff. They just never really had anything I wanted/needed.

I grew up on Suzuki and hated anything Honda even though we had the ATC110 so the Yamaha's and Kawasaki's of the 80s were rooted for over the Honda, but after the Suzuki. LOL

I'm still partial to the Suzuki's and now like Honda. There's not any of them I particularly dislike even though I tease my bro in law by calling his Raptor 700 a Craptor.

I looked at the Rhino and don't doubt it's quality but the Yamaha dealer flat out SUCKS and won't get my business unless I just have to, and I don't. I did like the EFI and the better shocks on the SE Rhino but the V twin engine I think is a work of magic even though I've never been around one. Add in that the Kawi dealer is fantastic I finally made a large purchase from them instead of helmets, clothes, oil, etc.

Now you know. lol

Kyle

I forget, will get the pics once we get back to Amarillo to get it.

Last edited by kyle; 06-15-2008 at 12:50 PM. Reason: forgot text
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 01:05 PM
CommanderTalk.com

No worries, everyone has their favorites. I will be honest, I was dead set on a Rhino initially, until I did the research and talked to others who had tested the Teryx. I really wanted the EFI because of the type of riding we do, dunes maybe one weekend, mountains the next, so I had concerns over jetting issues. I think they are both great machines, however, in my opinion I am thinking that Yamaha may start to fall behind with that single cylinder motor, right now, the v-twin seems to be where it is at.

They are all good machines in my opinion and I am happy to run with any of them...but I think you made a wise decision

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

I was really thinking between the Rhino and Razr but I know the Razr would be too much for my wife so it came down to the Rhino mostly for the FI. We went to the Kawi dealer to kill some time and they had 2 and it just came down to the dealer.

I can't wait to get it even though it's the wife's. It's a whole new experience for me vs the quads

Kyle
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 01:31 PM
CommanderTalk.com

I swore I could never have a side x side and not a quad...honestly, I sold my Banshee when I bought my Teryx, and I do not even miss it.

You and your wife are going to love your new toy! Seriously though, it is time to hide the wallet and credit cards lol

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

I must admit it has me thinking "do I want one"?

I have so much invested in my 400EX that it's worth more to me than to anyone else so I'm sure I'll always have it.

I'm spending my Father's Day goofing off looking at what all is out there for the Teryx but I'll be off in a little bit to grill some ribs. Making me hungry as I type.

It's a good thing she hates the debt as much as I do. LOL It's cash or we can't afford it.

Kyle
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 02:13 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Well that is an excellent way of looking at it...only wish I was that smart

Did you say ribs? Shoot me your address so I can Google Map is and I should be there in approx 17 hours...so start smoking them now

Sponsored Links
Advertisement