They asked my to introduce myself so here goes - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

They asked my to introduce myself so here goes

I'm from Indiana and a first time buyer of any type of UTV. I raced motorcycles and drove USAC sprint cars a long, a long time ago. I am old but still faster then a speeding bullet. I don't bounce like I use to but I puddle up pretty good. I type fast and don't care about spelling errors, if you don't make fun of mine I will not comment about yours either.
I like to modify all my toys and this Teryx will be treated the same.
I just hope I get along OK with the clutch on this Teryx, I hear you have to adjust them often. I looked at some of the video about this and it seems a real pain to do.
I will do the most of my riding in the hills of eastern Ky. If you see me give me a wave and a shout.--Larry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 12:38 PM
TeryxHQ.com Staff Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Welcome to the site.
This is a great place to learn how to spend your money.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 01:20 PM

Hey Larry you sound alot like myself I also raced Atvs(3 wheelers) in my younger years, just always was facinated by anything that would go fast and always wanted to make it go faster but have had a problem accepting the fact that I am not a spring chicken any more so thats why I decided in 2006 to buy a Rhino when I rode one and realized that it was a lot more sporty than the old mules I had been around and the rest is history bought a Teryx in 2009, beware this is the most addicting hobby I ever had but what the heck we only live once, Welcome to the site you will love it.

Big Daddy

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 04:19 PM

WELCOME!
Good to have more on here and more to contribute and help each other when we are lost.

27" XTR's on ITP SS212 Chrome 14's
Dynatek N.P.
FST Standard Bore
Dalton Clutch Kit w/O.Drive
Muzzy's - ceramic coated
SDR Deluxe Cage w/roof
SDR Front Bumper w/winch
Twisted Stitch Vortex Front Heated Seats
Twisted Stitch Vortex Rear Heated Bench
Beautiful Lowered Seat Bases by SDR - Thanks!
Crow 5-point harnesses (x5)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all for the welcome!! About being a cash cow you are correct. Lets see bought it and took it home
Ordered new 14 wheels and new tires about $900.00
New windshield about $350.00
Can't stop thinking about the MSD abut $450.00 programmed
Just can not live without the milled sheave, new belt, stronger clutch springs, and plate. Don't have an idea what that cost.
Will have to get the 840 upgrade this winter
New Muzzy
different shocks etc, etc, etc, ect ect
and only have 10 miles on it so far.
Somebody stop me
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 06:08 PM

Sounds like me again 14"tires and wheels 2 sets got the first ones decided I wanted chrome and wider, MSD had to have it , vforce john clutch mod got it, Muzzy standard already sold it and bought Muzzy pro, twisted stich seats and lowering bases, could not wait to tear engine down for AMR 840, throttle boddies, injecters, valves, impeller, tach,gauges, roof, windshield, new cage, new bomper, spacers, billet adapter,filter and so on I could go on for a while but I can tell you got the idea oh and I almost forgot my wife a new laptop where see could not see all of this and she thinks I was just being nice and yes I have I think 75 miles on it.

Big Daddy
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Build Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy View Post
Sounds like me again 14"tires and wheels 2 sets got the first ones decided I wanted chrome and wider, MSD had to have it , vforce john clutch mod got it, Muzzy standard already sold it and bought Muzzy pro, twisted stich seats and lowering bases, could not wait to tear engine down for AMR 840, throttle boddies, injecters, valves, impeller, tach,gauges, roof, windshield, new cage, new bomper, spacers, billet adapter,filter and so on I could go on for a while but I can tell you got the idea oh and I almost forgot my wife a new laptop where see could not see all of this and she thinks I was just being nice and yes I have I think 75 miles on it.

Best story yet...

Oh yea...and welcome to the site livy...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement