08 Teryx - New - Sknorkel kit ideas - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 12:52 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Cool 08 Teryx - New - Sknorkel kit ideas

I'm a new proud owner of a 2008 Teryx. I know it's carberated and I might upgrade in the future. I found this site while looking for ideas on adding a snorkel kit. I'm not sure if I want to make one myself or buy one. Any comment would be helpful
Thanks
Bull Nose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Nose View Post
I'm a new proud owner of a 2008 Teryx. I know it's carberated and I might upgrade in the future. I found this site while looking for ideas on adding a snorkel kit. I'm not sure if I want to make one myself or buy one. Any comment would be helpful
Thanks
Bull Nose
Hey Bull Nose welcome to the site, never been called Bull Nose but my wife tells me all of the tine that I am Bull headed You will love this site, I don't know much about the snorkel kit, I am a haul a** dry ground kind of guy but I see the guys talking about the snorkel kits on here alot I am sure somone will throw some opinions at you and again welcome you are going to love that Teryx.

Big Daddy
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy View Post
Hey Bull Nose welcome to the site, never been called Bull Nose but my wife tells me all of the tine that I am Bull headed You will love this site, I don't know much about the snorkel kit, I am a haul a** dry ground kind of guy but I see the guys talking about the snorkel kits on here alot I am sure somone will throw some opinions at you and again welcome you are going to love that Teryx.
Thanks Big Daddy
I here ya on the haul a** dry ground.
I do that with my Honda sport ATV's, but can't ride with my 4 yr old son on them so I bought the Teryx. Your right about loving it. We live with in a half a mile riding distance from an active gravel pit, a running but half dry river, and farm land with little creeks and hills. We ride about 3 evenings a week. I love spending time with my son and he loves it too.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Nose View Post
Thanks Big Daddy
I here ya on the haul a** dry ground.
I do that with my Honda sport ATV's, but can't ride with my 4 yr old son on them so I bought the Teryx. Your right about loving it. We live with in a half a mile riding distance from an active gravel pit, a running but half dry river, and farm land with little creeks and hills. We ride about 3 evenings a week. I love spending time with my son and he loves it too.
Glad to here you spending that much time with your son, that makes it all worth while. The teryx is great for the kids, I have a 2006 Rhino and I think that was the first word my grandaughter ever spoke "Rhino" and when every thing is going bad a ride on the Rhino or Teryx makes every thing all better. Keep spending the time with him because they grow up fast and there is no going back. Enjoy that son and teryz it won't be long he will be driving it.

Big Daddy
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 09:19 AM
TeryxHQ.com Staff Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Welcome to the site.
Use the search button at the top and type in snorkel. There are lots of threads on this topic.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

I hear ya.
Thanks
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 06:57 PM

Hey Bull welcome to the site. Just my .02 cents but I think you get a lot more out of building your own. It is really not that hard if you just take your time. Measure twice cut once . There have been quite a few do there own on here and they all turned out really nice. I only did my air intake because we ride in very dusty conditions. Since my engine now gets its air from up close to the roof, I dont get all the dust sucked directly into the air box. Good luck with your snorkel. Here is a pic of mine, I also did away with the stock air box.

2009 Teryx LE FI
REAL OFF ROAD RIDERS DON'T RIDE WITH FLEAS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement