HELLO peoples - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

HELLO peoples

Newbie from Manitoba,Canada. Brand spanking new machine (2010) black beast as of about three wks ago. Love the SxS. She did her first Derby last weekend and preformed like a champ. Couldn't enter UMCA mudraces because she is still pretty stock and the water was DEEP!. Glad to see there are other Teryx owners that are as crazy about their rides as I am.
New to Kawi and the teryx so any suggestions or ideas (especially you 2010 owners harder to find info). Would be greatly appreciated. In the very near future looking at Mud industries snorkle, K&N, MSD (I think) and Muzzy to name a few. BBK will be later.

"Infected by the MAD KAW" author Mudforce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 10:10 PM
TeryxHQ.com Staff Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Welcome to the site.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 10:11 PM

Hey Nozzelweed...

Where you buy your machine from... Main Motor Sports?

As for suggestions, I think your on the right track. I just put my Muzzy's & MSD on Last week, and WOW. Makes a great difference. Check out Hunterworks. Their pretty reasonably priced and really helpful. Todd from Hunterworks is a really good contributer to this sight.

From everything I've read here over the last couple of weeks, a Dalton clutch kit is the right one. I unfortunately have already ordered an EPI, (got a real good deal in Ashern).

As for a Snorkel, don't buy one. There are tones of good plans here. Check out the tread "Belt Housing Snorkel". The shopping list is even there.

Other than that, I suggest a light bar, if you plan on riding in the dark at all. The stock lights are crap. I got mine from UM racing online. The HID lights were the cheep est I could find.

So, Where do you ride?

2010 Teryx LE,
MSD
Muzzy's Duel Exhaust
Dalton Clutch Kit
HW Overdrive Clutch Cover
Snorkeled
K&N Modded Air Filter
HID Light bar
Odyssey PC925 Battery
Black Rhino gauge Pod (Tach, volt, W Temp)
27" Zilla's
Muzzy 840, Stage II cams, 38mm throttle bodies,
324 injectors, Water impeller,
new stock crank, rods and barring

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfilion View Post
Hey Nozzelweed...

Where you buy your machine from... Main Motor Sports?

As for suggestions, I think your on the right track. I just put my Muzzy's & MSD on Last week, and WOW. Makes a great difference. Check out Hunterworks. Their pretty reasonably priced and really helpful. Todd from Hunterworks is a really good contributer to this sight.

From everything I've read here over the last couple of weeks, a Dalton clutch kit is the right one. I unfortunately have already ordered an EPI, (got a real good deal in Ashern).

As for a Snorkel, don't buy one. There are tones of good plans here. Check out the tread "Belt Housing Snorkel". The shopping list is even there.

Other than that, I suggest a light bar, if you plan on riding in the dark at all. The stock lights are crap. I got mine from UM racing online. The HID lights were the cheep est I could find.

So, Where do you ride?
Live in St. Malo ride usually Woodridge,Piney and locally of course. Trail pretty much starts in my backyard. LOL.
Bought my machine from Adventure Power Products in Ile De Chene. New dealership. Great bunch of guys to deal with. Really low pressure sales approach.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 10:48 PM

Cool. I've never ridden around there. I hang out in the northern Interlake area around Ashern.

I got my Machine from Elie, Swen's Small Engines. Pretty good guy there too. Got a pretty good deal. I've tried to shop at the one in the City, but they don't seem to want my business for some reason. lol

Congrats on the new toy, you'll love it.

2010 Teryx LE,
MSD
Muzzy's Duel Exhaust
Dalton Clutch Kit
HW Overdrive Clutch Cover
Snorkeled
K&N Modded Air Filter
HID Light bar
Odyssey PC925 Battery
Black Rhino gauge Pod (Tach, volt, W Temp)
27" Zilla's
Muzzy 840, Stage II cams, 38mm throttle bodies,
324 injectors, Water impeller,
new stock crank, rods and barring
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 11:39 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Hey there, welcome to the site

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 10:42 AM

Welcome to the site man, sounds like your well on your way to a Teryx addiction. Not sure where your priority is but if you want performance the first 2 buys should be Muzzy and MSD, what ever yoiu do buy the MSD from a dealer that has proven maps even if you have to pay a few dollars more you can't beat Todd at Hunterworks for the MSD proven results, as for your filter most of the dealer try to steer you away from the K&N they push the UNI type filters, most of them sell a kit that has a billet adapter for your air box that gives you a much better seal for the filter.

Big Daddy
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy View Post
Welcome to the site man, sounds like your well on your way to a Teryx addiction. Not sure where your priority is but if you want performance the first 2 buys should be Muzzy and MSD, what ever yoiu do buy the MSD from a dealer that has proven maps even if you have to pay a few dollars more you can't beat Todd at Hunterworks for the MSD proven results, as for your filter most of the dealer try to steer you away from the K&N they push the UNI type filters, most of them sell a kit that has a billet adapter for your air box that gives you a much better seal for the filter.
Thanks BDaddy
Hunterworks seems to be getting good reviews. I know I've watched some of his install videos. I know the clutch belt inspection video which I don't fully comprehend yet. Came of a Po quad. Not too many worries with clutches there. The whole Belt deflection business is news to me. Form what I understand at 15 hrs which is what i have on it now I should be looking at that from what I understand. My assumption belt stretches when new.
So from what I'm hearing a lot of you deal directly with Site vendors? Correct?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfilion View Post
Cool. I've never ridden around there. I hang out in the northern Interlake area around Ashern.

I got my Machine from Elie, Swen's Small Engines. Pretty good guy there too. Got a pretty good deal. I've tried to shop at the one in the City, but they don't seem to want my business for some reason. lol

Congrats on the new toy, you'll love it.
Thanks,

My bro lives in Winnipeg Beach. If I head out that way I'll PM ya to see if we can hook up for a ride if you want. Any good trails out there in the winter months? I know we have a river run here during the winter which is really nice. Anything like that out your way?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 04:46 PM

Welcome to the site. Some site vendors are good, some well you know. Anyway there is one thing for sure. You cant go wrong if you go with Todd from Hunterworks. If you have any problems with something you buy from huterworks, they will be there to answer the phone, not like some of the others.

2009 Teryx LE FI
REAL OFF ROAD RIDERS DON'T RIDE WITH FLEAS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement