Runs Rough - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Runs Rough

Hi you all

I just bought a 2012 treyx 4 and it is in the shop after 40 miles in one day. They say no problem but when I went to pick it up sure enough it ran rough, no power. It seems that at 50 mph it limits out and won't run smooth, with the diff lock on in high gear it won't go over 5 mph, with diff lock on I started up a steep incline in high gear and it stalled out at 5 mph causing me to lose control and almost roll. Today when I went to pick it up it went to 12 mph than ran like sht!! I had the mechanic with me and he is contacting Kawasaki again, Go Figure, ALL I WANT TO DO IS RIDE!!
It also clunks when you hit and release the throtle, of course the dealer says Kawasaki said that is normal but it did not do it until after 4 hours of ridding. Is anybody else finding that the limiter just detunes the engine and leaves you temporarely with out power?? Are you getting this clunking when you step and release the throttle? Driving me mad here in Las Vegas.
My buddyu bought RZR and it works great but I wanted the 4 seater and went with Teryx 4 because of the short wheelbase and comfort, I hope I didnt make a hughe mistake here.

TY

Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 07:25 PM

Good luck and keep us posted. Is fi light flashing?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

OK

The dealership RIDENOW ON BOULDER LAS VEGAS finnaly figured out the problem, the emergency brake was on one notch and as a safty feature Kawasaki has it set to run rough if you don't fully release the E Brake. It seems the sales people and there service people don't know this as it took them two days to figure it out. So the run rough is cured but top end is 49 mph and I was told that 57 was what it would go. When you use the diff lock and it reaches 11 mph it simply shuts down or runs rough until you slow down. I was not told this when I bought it. I was trying to decide between a Polaris RZR but prefered 4 seats and I like the wheel base but had I known about the Diff Lock and Max speed I would have bought a RZR. I wanted to trade it back in fo a RZR but they are talking 5,000.00 Differance for the two seater. A lot of doe for a one day ride!! Anyway just another case of a customer listening to convenintly untrained sales people. You Can't trust what they tell you and they put the blame on you saying I should have done my own reasearch. I would strongly advise you stay away from RIDENOW ON BOULDER IN LAS VEGAS. I am going to enjoy my treyx 4 but I will never trust the diff. to climb a hill as it will cause you to lose power after 11 mph and that is very dangerous and should leave Kawasaki Liable. Very stupid feature and I am surprised nobody has brought this up on the many Forums I Have looked at over the last year but there are so many it could be missed. Any way Ride ON Have Fun But BE Ware of dishonest SALES PEOPLE!! I will never feel the same about my new 18,000.00 toy, what a shame

DOUG

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 08:43 PM

I forgot about park brake but that will keep you from burning park brake up. Don't know about front diff limiting speed.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 05:41 PM
eez

It is actually well known about the rev limiters and there is a fix, u cand send your ecu to benchmark for a reflash.

09 monster, msd & muzzy std, dalton clutch kit and od plate (not installed yet), viper 4500 with synthetic rope, homemade alum. roof, homemade uhmw skids, homemade catch can, uni slip-on filter with billet adapter, 26.5 pitbull rockers on stock sport rims, hid's from sxs customs, oddyssey 925 with sandjunkies mount, motels full windshield, induced fab doors, 62 mph top speed on speedo
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Thank You

I will check that out, does the change affect the warrenty? I was out on a 40 mile desert run today and I found the Teryx 4 very comfortable and I love the way it slows on downhill grades. I had the chance to switch with an RZR for a few miles and I much prefer the teryx for ride, motor braking( In the RZR I wasa always on the brakes) and the power steering. The noise how ever in the cab is crazy loud and renders my stereo usless if I travel over 25 mph and the Razor just perrs. The power responce is deffently more sporty with the Razor but I still like four seats and comfort. I guess it comes down to personal use but I am 62 years old and comfort and drivabilty is most important to me. I went up every hill that the RZR did and I found nothing I could not do that I wanted to and realized that it will do a lot of things I dont want to do. When I find some mud it will give me a chance to see how I feel about the limiter but so far I CAN'T GET STUCK

LOL

TY

Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement