looking to buy teryx - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

looking to buy teryx

Hello everyone, I am from Southern Illinois and currently ride a grizzly. I am thinking about getting a SXS, and the teryx is setting high on my list. Just thought I would join and get the scoop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 09:41 AM
CommanderTalk.com

Hi there, great to have you with us!

The Teryx is an excellent machine, lets start though with the type of riding you mostly do.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 12:55 PM

Hi & welcome......Like Diesel said the Teryx is a great machine right out of the box. You can spend a little or a lot on mods based on what you personally want in a machine. This forum is a great place to gather info. Great guys & good polite answers always

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 03:08 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Thanks for the props Turtle...I will be the first to admit, we are not the largest site out there, but I do believe we have the best members. I would much prefer to have quality members and content than a bunch of worthless information and inactive members.

So cubanb, let us know what you are wanting to accomplish with your machine, and we will be happy to give you the benefits of the Teryx or even another machine is it so happens.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

I am looking to get a Teryx mainly to just trail ride. I live in town so, it will not be used for much work if any at all. I would say I probably ride about 70% trails, 20% mud, and 10% rocks. I have narrowed my SXS search to the Teryx and the RZR. I am a little hesitant on the rzr because of reliability.How has the reliability on the Teryx? I didn't think I would like the Teryx at first because it is so wide, but after driving one my opinion has changed.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 09:30 AM

Hi and welcome to the site.
As you know the Teryx is a lot taller and a little wider than the RZR, so if your trails are made for ATV's then you may have to do some cleaning up in order for the Teryx to fit in all of the trails. I was looking at the RZR as well before I decided on the Teryx. I chose the Teryx because I hunt often and liked the utility of the Teryx. The RZR is all sport where the Teryx I feel is ultility first and then sport. The RZR seats were a little too low and the bed space was not big enough. I prefer to slide in and out instead of fall in and climb out. While test driving, the RZR was a little faster, but I liked the suspension on the Teryx a lot better.
With the addition of a CDI box and exhaust tip, I out ran a stock RZR in the river bed the other day. The guy told me that he had more pedal, but could not keep up due to the bumps. The Teryx loves rough terrain, the faster the better. We took it to hard pack, and the two machines were neck and neck. I'm not sure about the stability of the RZR, but the Teryx is a very stable machine. I have gone up and down 80deg inclines without a problem, and have taken turns way to fast without a hint of the machine wanting to roll over.
I'm not sure how the RZR performs in the mud, but the Teryx is bad a**. I put a 4000 lbs. winch on my Teryx and have never needed to use it. This machine will go through just about anything.
The best thing to do is just drive both machines if you can. And make your decision from there. It took me 4 months to make up my mind, and I don't have any regrets for choosing the Teryx.

Hope this helps,
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 09:57 AM

CEP pretty well said it all. I liked the Rhino ever since they came out, then last fall started looking at the RZR. Read lots of test reports & finally drove the Teryx. The handling, comfort, stability, etc sold me. I will hunt with it in Wisconsin & also in Montana & think it will be great.....much better than the RZR would have been. My oldest son is a bit of hot rodder & cornered real hard with the Teryx & couldn't get it to bicycle. He's convinced I'd have to do something real stupid in order to have issues with the stability of the Teryx in even the most hazardous terrain we'll encounter. For once, I hope he's right
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 05:09 PM

If you are around the Mt Carmel area, you can check out my T-rex and see what you think. Personally, and I am biased...the T-rex is one BMF! nough said. I would buy a rhino before I would the RZR if you going to do trail riding, I almost did buy the rhino, just my preference....but I sure am glad I got the T-rex. I have not had a problem one so far, yeah....there are some things that I wish Kawasaki would have done, but I still have NO regrets.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 07:09 PM

If you are use to the normal trails, the Teryx will go through most of them, consider this ,when you ride your fourwheeler you have several inches on each side to work with, on the teryx you have to be a little more exact where you are steering. You will most likely bark a few trees starting out, but once you get use to it you'll see what kind of clearance you need. The RZR will fit on any fourwheeler trail, and if all you want to do is ricky race than you might be happier with it, but if you want something to work with and be able to get a little crazy with, then I recommend the Teryx.
Again, it's up to you to decide what you want, they are all good in their own way. Good luck on what ever you decide.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 08:37 PM

I would be carefull buying the Teryx ,There are many problems that people have,The biggest problem is the Reps just try to get out of every problem.I have had problems with my valves since new.If you look at the sites carefully you will find the Teryx has lots of problems that kawasaki reps have good excuses but have never seen the machine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement