Geocaching - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Off-Topic Discussions Sit back and relax with your fellow members.
Please note, post count does not increment in this forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Geocaching

Anyone here ever get involved with Geocaching?

I did a search around my area and there are like 30 caches stashed nearby...I was pretty shocked to see how many caches are out there, some have been there many years.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 01:37 PM

Geocaching is kind of fun. It takes you places you wouldn't think of going normally. There are caches world wide. Be careful though. Some counties concider it poluting, there are some guidelines that should be followed if you decide to place a cache. People will question what you are doing and occasionally call the cops cause you sit there walking around in circles looking for the cache. Allot of police have never heard of it, just explain what it is, show your GPS and most of the time they will actually help you look for it.

Check out http://www.geocaching.com

Oh I missed your little post here http://www.teryxhq.com/forums/how-to...min-style.html

Last edited by whatchamccallum; 03-08-2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: added additional link to website
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Ya it is actually a lot of fun and a way to get the kids out of the house and tought to use a GPS. There are quite a few up in Flagstaff so I think I am going to do some snooping around next time we are up north.

I can understand about the littering thing, though I never really thought of it that way...makes sense.

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 01:49 PM

I always thought that as long as the cache is maintained it is fine in my book. I think it's terrible when the person that placed it doesn't keep the cache maintained.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Ya I hear ya...we found one up in the mountains, it was maintained well, everything was neat and organized, not just a bunch of crap thrown about.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 02:04 PM

Funny s**t here, on my piece of property there are three different road bridges, at one of these bridges, I kept noticing kids (and adults) out and walking around every so often..HAHA...thanks for letting me know why.....typed in my zip code and sure enough...a cache, funny thing is one of the cachers said on the hunt club a warning stating, "watch out for the owner...he's an a**hole"....now thats funny!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 10:11 PM

We geocache with the kids at the dunes and elsewhere. Plan to place our first cache this weekend at Sand Mountain, NV.

Sand Dune Geochaching
Sponsored Links
Advertisement