Crossed over to the dark side - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Off-Topic Discussions Sit back and relax with your fellow members.
Please note, post count does not increment in this forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Crossed over to the dark side

Well I bought a 2011 RZR-S LE last month and to say the least I love it. Sold my teryx a few weeks ago. Thanks everyone over here for the advice and great service helping me on my teryx!

Purchased 2011 RZR-S LE 9-10
(SOLD) 10-10 --- 2009 Teryx Monster Energy Edition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 02:48 PM

Good luck thats why they make them all, when I bought my Teryx I went to buy a Razar S but after I looked it over good and rode it for a bit I changed my mind and bought a Teryx, just was not a good fit for me, getting in and out of it reminded me of getting in my grandsons dune buggy, I guess I am getting old. Again Good Luck with your Razar and don't forget to come back and chat with us.

Big Daddy
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

I loved my Teryx but after test driving the 2011 RZR-S I was pretty much sold on it. Rides so nice and pretty good power. I'm young so going fast and the sportier machine just suited my style.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 05:29 PM

I had a really hard time not buying the RZR S. I loved the comfort, power and handling. I didn't like the engine or the price.

I got the Teryx because it was the next best thing, and it had a V twin.

I know a couple of service people, and they say they see RZR's the most for blown engines and axles.

Just what I hear.

Good luck though. Looks Great.

2010 Teryx LE,
MSD
Muzzy's Duel Exhaust
Dalton Clutch Kit
HW Overdrive Clutch Cover
Snorkeled
K&N Modded Air Filter
HID Light bar
Odyssey PC925 Battery
Black Rhino gauge Pod (Tach, volt, W Temp)
27" Zilla's
Muzzy 840, Stage II cams, 38mm throttle bodies,
324 injectors, Water impeller,
new stock crank, rods and barring
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 07:44 PM

Speek for your self I have a rzr spanker. And still don't have 14000 in it. And i am a old school polaris guy. But good luck. It don't matter what youhave. As long as your out in nature having fun. Come down to wv and ride with us some time.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricko View Post
I loved my Teryx but after test driving the 2011 RZR-S I was pretty much sold on it. Rides so nice and pretty good power. I'm young so going fast and the sportier machine just suited my style.
Oh I am all about fast that why my Teryx is torn down now with less than 100 miles on it putting AMR 840 and every thing you can put in it but the kitchen sink, plus 4 valves and lots of head work, bored throttle bodies, race pistons 12.5-1,muzzy pro and to many things to list, my long term goal is 80 mph with a shit load of power, that was on of the things I liked about the Teryx was the V_Twin, it had just so much build room, I have a 2006 Rhino I use to hunt and knock around on, the Teryx is my haul ass, powerhouse play toy, I am not a dunner I get out and run alot of back roads and like to strech it out every once in awhile at max speed. I used to race, got to old for that but I just like the speed fix.

Big Daddy
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 06:29 AM

Let us know what you think about the difference in the two in the up keep when you have had it for a year. Im just curious because of all the issues i have heard about them. I like them both but cant afford both. Im the kind of guy that if i had both i would tell all the truth about each machine and not favor one over the other. I have a freind that has a ford truck and swears it blows away the chevy and the dodge (desiel) but then when he buys a chevy he swears it is the best but then he gets a dodge and then its the best and what do you think happens next???? he is in a ford and now it is the best.

09 teryx- msd ignition - water impellar - half windsheild - uni filter - standard muzzy - sdr rear bumper - hid lights - dalton clutch- water temp guage - ss108 14 inch with terra cross - dasa kebc block off plate - brake alarm buzzer - over drive plate -ssv works sound system -removable canvas top-odyssey battery- rock sliders
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-23-2010, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

I've had it almost 2 months now, my teryx has muzzys, msd and all that jazz on it. It would do 68mph easy but I had about 15,000 into it. My rzr s is bone stock and it will do that fast easily, I love the motor alot better so far. The long travel is amazing too, sure I could have done it to my teryx but it would of been way too wide for the trails around here. I wanted a rzr before my teryx but wasn't too keen on them. But after I got my teryx abour 8 of my friends bought rzr, rzr 4 and rzr-s's and none of them have any problems at all. And some of them have up wards of 2000 miles and nothing so far. Its all about how you maintain something if you ask me. I liked the teryx for the dump bed and the bed space, the rzr seats are alot more comfortable and it rides alot better. It gets way better gas milage then my teryx did, I can ride forever on it. I paid 12,100 OTD for my 09 monster sport edition, then had roof, winch, windshield, radio, msd, muzzys, dalton od plate. I was up around 15,000 easily. My rzr I have less then that into it and I have windshield, roof, back window, bed extender, winch and radio. It rides better, came with big horns, more comfortable seats. The 2011 rzr has high and low beams and a glove box now so that made things nice. I mostly use my sxs on trails and for play, no work. If I used it around the house I would want a teryx hands down. RZR is nicer on the trails around here too because the roll cage isnt so tall and hitting off all the trees. It all comes down to personal opinion really. After owning a 04 rhino, 09 teryx and now a 11 rzr s. I fell like I've upgraded each time. Surely Id love a teryx thats long travel and a 840 I would not own a rzr but I also dont feel like having over 20,000$ into a sxs. That would buy me a nice diesel truck ha. I'm not trash talkin the teryx. Its all just personal opinion really and the rzr better suits my riding style. I have about 300 miles on my rzr now and not a single problem. I had 2060 miles on my teryx and only thing I did in those miles were front break pads and a left rear axle boot. The engine had been re ringed and I got a hole in my radiator twice. The 09 front bumper just scooped sticks right up into the radiator on that thing and they were my worst enemy.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 06:26 AM

The rzr S is a real nice styling and ride for sure. Its the way they sound that drives me nuts too whiny for my liking. Did Polaris ever get there clutch/belt issues worked out? I know the older atv's would ruin belts due to clutch trouble.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 06:33 PM

i like the rzr s, ive heard one that sounded like a effin indy car, it was pretty badass too,a arms, shocks,cage, the works. congrats

MERLIN MOTORSPORTS GROUP TERYX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement