Concealed Carry Handgun - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Off-Topic Discussions Sit back and relax with your fellow members.
Please note, post count does not increment in this forum.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Concealed Carry Handgun

So I am looking to find another handgun to carry concealed and was curious if any of you hold a concealed weapons permit and if so, what weapon you carry.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 09:08 PM

I let mine expire years ago. I use to carry a 9mm not the best but it was what I had. I like some of the smaller 40's. I also love my xd 45 and would consider the smaller sized one to carry concealed.

Too much is neverenough
2003 duramax dually for towing
2004 Gearbox toyhauler 30fs
2006 limited yfz 450 mine
2003 Pred 500 wifes
1986 4trax 250R sons
1997 300ex daughter
2006 250ex daughter
2008 Teryx ours
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

I actually have a XD9 and it is too large to carry concealed comfortably. I am really looking at the new Ruger LCP .380, have heard some good things about it.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 09:39 PM

Colt Defender 45ACP and/or Seecamp 32 Auto
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 10:33 PM

I was just going to suggest that Ruger LCP. I read an article a couple weeks ago about it, and the writer liked it allot. Sounds like a nice little gun. You can buy it online here in AZ through Bear Mountain and save some money, $255 I think.

BEAR MOUNTAIN SPORTS Click on Buy guns online, then click on gun search. Nice discount because you dont pay the dealers markup. I bought a Taurus Millennium Pro .45 saved myself about $100. You pay, I think 20% + shipping online then they deliver it to a gun store near you, then you pay the remainder when you pick up your firearm.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 10:34 PM

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 08:10 AM

I have a glock 26 9mm and an extra mag, that I carry daily with the smart carry holster. I also have a glock 23 .40 Cal and a glock 21SF .45 ACP that I carry with a shoulder holster during the winter months when I am wearing a jacket or coat.
The glock 26 with the smart carry holster is very comfortable even when sitting in a vehicle. It can be worn with just about any clothing options. Fast draw may be a problem using the smart carry though. I wear a belt, and would just about have to unbuckle the belt to get the gun out. Also, with the Glock, I would not recomend carrying it with one in the pipe. It has the trigger safety, but anything could snag on the trigger and cause the gun to go off. So that would delay the draw time even more since you would have to slide the action in order to load the weapon.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 08:54 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpowered View Post
So I am looking to find another handgun to carry concealed and was curious if any of you hold a concealed weapons permit and if so, what weapon you carry.
My carry weapon is a Ruger P90, I'm a .45 guy (stopping power). My other stuff costs more $$ and I'd cry if they got lost. Kimber makes some beautiful stuff, but $$$$
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 09:09 AM

Interesting to hear everyone talk about their carry weapons. I've been a Federally licensed firearms dealer for over 30 years. But, since I live in a state that's controlled by an ultra liberal government.......can you say Madison, Wisconsin (30 square miles surrounded by reality) there is no concealed carry! I would be fined, Jailed & would lose my firearms license if I even had a gun ( handgun or long gun ) in a vehicle unless it were unloaded & kept in a closed case......Welcome to the USA. LOL
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Interesting to hear everyone talk about their carry weapons. I've been a Federally licensed firearms dealer for over 30 years. But, since I live in a state that's controlled by an ultra liberal government.......can you say Madison, Wisconsin (30 square miles surrounded by reality) there is no concealed carry! I would be fined, Jailed & would lose my firearms license if I even had a gun ( handgun or long gun ) in a vehicle unless it were unloaded & kept in a closed case......Welcome to the USA. LOL
Sorry to hear you don't live in USA!!! J/K Arizona is still a pretty liberal gun state, but with all the Cali's moving in that might change (at least in Maricopa county). I don't have a concealed carry and never had a issue with PD...I let them know I have a loaded weapon and tell them where it is.

Riding down near the border, the border patrol, off the record, tell everyone to carry something. Shoot first ask questions later....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement