Announcing the formation of Side X Side Super Jam - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Other UTV Discussions Discuss other UTVs here.
ie, Yamaha Rhino, Polaris Ranger, Polaris RZR, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Announcing the formation of Side X Side Super Jam

SO what is Side X Side Super Jam ?

It's a new competition venue we are creating.....

From the founders of CalROCS and W.E.ROCK, an exhibition and event series for Side X Sides.

Q. How will this differ from what's out there already?
A. Each event will include multiple disciplines, not just the short track or desert racing that is available now.

Q. What kind of racing will be available?
A. Rock Crawling (of course), Rally-cross, Drifting, 50 yd Drags, Boggs, sled pulls etc....

Q. Are you saying all these at one event?
A. Yes, most or all will be available at each event, depending on the venue.

Q. Where will these events be held?
A. At Off-Road Shows, County Fairs, Off-Road Parks and Arenaís across the nation.

Q. Did you just say across the Nation?
A. Yes, Side X Sides are being sold to everyone from all corners of the nation, where there is interest in the vehicles, so there will be events.

Q. When will the events start?
A. The first exhibition will be at Off-Road EXPO in Pomona, Oct. 3rd -5th. Second exhibition will be at the Arizona Sand EXPO, at the Arizona State Fair Grounds on Dec. 12th-14th. First competitive event is being planned for the spring of 2009 in Tucson AZ.

Q. Where will they be held ?
A. Here's the thought, to start with (2009) we would do events around the nation, if you place in the top whatever you'd qualify for a spot in the nationals. This will keep the travel down, but allow those that can travel the op to do so, until they qualify

Q. OK, Where are these events going to be
A. Possible locations:

Tucson
L.A.
Sacramento/reno
Salt Lake City
denver
chattanooga
orlando
philly
St Louis
Rapid City
Spokane

Finals
Las Vegas ?

If any of this sounds interesting to YOU, please contact me for more info...

We hope to have the completed site up soon sidexsidesuperjam.com

Rich Klein
530-417-5333
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 11:58 AM

Sounds like a great idea offering so many venues at each event. At my age, & with my lack of build/drive skills I wouldn't compete, but it would be fun to watch. I noticed that there are no upper midwest locations (Milwaukee, Mpls St Paul, etc). Minnesota & Wisconsin are big in the ATV/UTV market & I think there would be interest. Within an hour of my home, The Eagle River, Wi World Championship Snowmobile Derby & the Crandon, Wi Offroad Races are very successful. 3hrs away (1/2 hr from my cabin) are the world famous Super National Truck & Tractor pulls at Tomah, Wisconsin. Just my $.02, but maybe for your consideration
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input, thats a very good idea, for more locations.
I will look into that area, do you have any contacts for locations, I know the guys at Crandon (WSORR), I will look into teaming up with them. I have never been to that part of the country, I guess it's time for a pass through there.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 02:44 PM

Thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately, I'm new to the ATV/UTV scene & don't have contacts right now. My job gets me around Wisconsin's Northwoods & I'll certainly see what I can find out for you. As far as talking about this area, I've lived here over 40 yrs by choice. There are over 1000 lakes within an hour's drive of my home & they're frozen over at least 41/2 months each year. The West Central part of Wisconsin (where my cabin is) has numerous coulees & scenic bluffs. I think you will enjoy your pass thru the upper 2/3 of Wisconsin!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 09:50 PM

That sounds really interesting!!! Hopefully you find success so that you can expand your locations, and put Phoenix on the list in the future! Are you planning on creating different classes, from Stock on up? Or is this geared more for the super mod Teryx's out there?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

OUr plan is to have at least 2 classes, stock and a modified. Rules will be out shrtly.

Rich
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 12:05 AM

Thumbs up

Sounds like a great idea. Please try the Pittsburg - western Pa. area. If you need a location , there is a place called Yankee Lake near Sharon, Pa. that is known for holding events for truck challenges. Please keep us posted.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 12:11 AM
CommanderTalk.com

Ya we have not heard from these people in a long time...guess we will wait to see what they are doing.

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 10:28 PM

Question

Hey Diesel , I stumbled across the answer to what happened with the Super Jam. They changed the name to Monster Jam ( www.monsterjam.com ) . The article is in the April issue of ATV Action magazine pg. 47 upper right hand corner. Sounds like the same thing , minus the Rock Crawling.

08 Red Teryx-UNI air filter , Dragon Fire CDI , Warn Bumper with PIAA lights , DG skids , Kawi fender flares , Kawi aluminum roof , PRP full windshield & enclosed cab , 26in XTR mudlights on ITP SS 312's . Charge Card needs a breather !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement