Martinez / Box Canyon - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Southwest Region The Southwest Region includes the following States:

Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Martinez / Box Canyon

So I have run these in a truck, however, I am curious if anyone has run these in there Teryx...or side x side for that matter.

I think when it cools down, that could be a great place to have a get togther!

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 07:32 PM
TeryxHQ.com Site Sponsor

This is my Backyard. Box is easy for a Teryx or any SxS for that matter. We just made a trip through a couple weeks ago. Martinez has some BIG rocks and would be more of a challenge. I wouldnt try it without better skids, the plastic stockers are just asking for trouble.

If anyone wants to do a night run soon and beat the heat... I'm game to show you the way
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

I am trying to think back, however, is width an issue at Martinez or Box? Long travel machines should still be able to make it right.

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 05:58 PM

I used to have an old 70's model Powerwagon that went through Box Canyon a couple times. So I don'think a Teryx will have a problem, no matter how long the travel. I've also done the trip quite a few times on my DS650, its blast. Check out the Coke Ovens, while you're down there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	coke ovens.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	986.8 KB
ID:	215   Click image for larger version

Name:	coke ovens 2.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	942.8 KB
ID:	216  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Ahhh yes the Coke Overs...the other run I have done.

I think when it cools off we need to have a TeryxHQ.com run over there!

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 09:55 AM
TeryxHQ.com Site Sponsor

The entire area is easy for a side by side, there are a few hardcore crawler trails in the area that wouldnt be a good choice with 6 - 10 foot vertical climbs but those falls are the only reason to be in those places anyway. There are hundreds of old mining roads to explore, if your brave you can enter a mine here and there, but it's not really a good idea.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Well I think when my car is completed, I am going to make a run out there...maybe I will chart some trails on the GPS. I think this would be a great place for everyone to get together, plenty of parking areas, and if we wanted to camp, that would not be a problem either.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 08:52 PM

What is the camping like? Count us in when you do this. Can my kids do it on the quads. My 16 year old son doesn't make a good passenger lol.

Too much is neverenough
2003 duramax dually for towing
2004 Gearbox toyhauler 30fs
2006 limited yfz 450 mine
2003 Pred 500 wifes
1986 4trax 250R sons
1997 300ex daughter
2006 250ex daughter
2008 Teryx ours
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
CommanderTalk.com

Well it is desert...what can I say more about it

I am sure Trail Logic can provide a little more info on it for you.

Hey Trail Logic, would you be up for taking me out there so that I could chart a run for a future ride with everyone?

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 09:21 PM
TeryxHQ.com Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVERENOUGH View Post
What is the camping like? Count us in when you do this. Can my kids do it on the quads. My 16 year old son doesn't make a good passenger lol.
Quads are a blast here too. Sport quads with chains will get a beating on the rocks. Camping is good but it'll be hot until mid October.

Here is a great thing going on in the area this Saturday..... A local Guy who is a 28 year veteran with Arizonas Department of Corrections recently lost his right leg in a racing accident. His friends and Co-workers are doing a poker run to help him out. I know this guy personally, he has always been the first one to step up and help others, now it'shis turn. If anyone is interested I will start a new thread and post the details. I think they are asking for a $25 registration, I'm not sure but the winner will probably end up with part of he pot.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement