Teryx HQ feels like home!!! - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
TeryxHQ Help Desk Got ideas on how to improve the site or having problems on the site? We'd like to hear about them.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 06:16 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Teryx HQ feels like home!!!

I would like to say I really enjoy this forum. We have our own and I visit it and another teryx forum but this one seems to be the best. Seems like there is a good bunch of guys on here and no one acting like 2 year olds.

Dieselpowered, keep up the good work!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 07:38 AM
TeryxHQ.com Staff Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I also like the lack of "drama" here. BTW Todd you should be up on all your forum reading being stuck in a recliner for a week.

I like when the forum has leading technology, especially with pictures and videos of performance modifications or how to install links. I also like when the builders have a chance to show thier newest products (at least once, if they are not a sponsor) to let me know what is out there. Its nice to see products in thier preliminary stages, but don't release them until they are fully tested, or at least give a discount to the first run and call them beta tester units, for any grief the first run has. VDI did that on my Brute Force and I thought it was a fair trade off for some tweaking that was still required.

I don't live in Arizona or California, so pictures and specs are important to me. I have to rely whats online, as the dealers up here are clueless on the newest products. They think if its not in the Parts Canada catolgue or from the factory line up, it doesn't exist.

I wish I could see more on side by side racing here, results, video clips, pictures, etc. Thats where products get abused (I mean tested) and see what stands up.

I appreciated when I posted that I wish the new Muzzy exhaust system would possibly have a heat treatment coating applied to it from the builder, and later that morning, there is a post from the owner stating they are looking into it. Or when Mickey at FST stated he would look at building a higher air box opening for swamping/mudding/high water crossing for bigger carbs for a BBK within an hour of a post. That is awesome feedback and things I look for when I buy aftermarket parts. It makes me feel like the builders of these products are looking for feedback on how to make thier product the best possible and are giving the consumer what they want.

Also I like when people post thier wants on a side by side and builders see these wishes and try to build what people actually want.

Finally a big Thank You should be given to Dieselpower. The admin on this must take a huge amount of time. I'm not sure he even has other moderators, which most sites have to keep up with the time commitment.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Last edited by DougS; 06-06-2008 at 07:44 AM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 08:08 AM

Amen

Doug S pretty much said it all. I check this site first thing in the morning & last thing at nite. It's nice to know there are so many guys out there that have forgotten more than I'll ever know. It sure helps the average guy thousands of miles away from the Southwest to know what is new & what does or does not work. Keep up the good work Diesel

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 10:17 AM
CommanderTalk.com

WOW guys, I must admit you made my week! Thank you!

Our main focus and our continued focus will always be on our members, without the members this site would simply be software running on a server. The members are who make the site, I just try to keep it running without issues. I understand there are other options when it comes to the sites you visit, so thank you for giving us a chance. While we may not be the busiest, I believe we have a great group of people here and in time, I hope to see our continued growth. How our membersview the site is very important to me, therefore, to hear the previous compliments truly makes me believe we are doing something right. We are fortunate to have partered with some of the greatest vendors who are very knowledgeable when it comes to everything from CDI's, to motor builds, from exhausts to suspension, and are thankful they take time out of their day to assist our members or answer questions.

With that said...DougS, lets see if we can't help you out with some of your requests. I had considered the addition of some competition forums, I will work on those this weekend for you. Also, I am thinking about revamping the media / gallery area a tad...I need to think about how I want to do it, however, everyone will be informed of changes made.

I have some other ideas in regards to site structure, however, still waiting to hear back on some custom coding...once I do, I will announce what I have planned.

And finally, you are all very welcome, that is what I am here for! As always, if you need help or have questions, you know how to find me

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 10:41 AM

Glad to see i wasn't nuts

I have actually had some correspondence with dieselpowered the last couple days after i posted on the other forum about how .........commercialized it was getting. You don't get the Vendor bashing as much here, but i do like both forums.......variety.

I think we are on our way to having a good productive forum for both consumers, and vendors.

Thanks,
PowerTrip
Utah
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Powertrip,

I agree with you totally and that is the reason we started our own forum a couple years ago www.Ridesidebyside.com Sponsored by www.hunterworks.com, www.hightechhp.com and www.3stepatvtires.com - Powered by vBulletin I try to let people know what we are working on and have but not push it down their throat.

The admin asked me to write some tech stuff as I do on our own forum so we just put a copy here too.

When a person decides they are going to make money on a forum with banner ads it opens up many unwanted doors.

It cost us less than $20 a month for our forum so I know you don't need a bunch of sponsors. Of course I don't go to so much trouble as this forum has to dress it up, mine just works.

dieselpowered does do a great job here and he like me does not have to do a bumch of moderating due to the class of people here.

One bad vendor can make a whole site go down.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 04:09 PM

I have to say this is my favorite site on the net. I frequent a few dune sites and boat sites but this is the only Teryx site. I have met dieselpowered in person and he is a stand up guy. Me and my family enjoyed spending lunch with him. He deserves a lot of credit for the way this site is and I know that I appreciate that. Thenks for a great site and keep up the great work.

Too much is neverenough
2003 duramax dually for towing
2004 Gearbox toyhauler 30fs
2006 limited yfz 450 mine
2003 Pred 500 wifes
1986 4trax 250R sons
1997 300ex daughter
2006 250ex daughter
2008 Teryx ours
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 04:56 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Let me say thank you again for all the kind words and also make a few additional comments.

We have been fortunate to partner with the vendors we have and could not ask for a better group of people. Every single vendor on this site I have spoken to personally about how I feel vendor participation should take place, and we have not had any issues to date as they felt the same way. I feel that all the vendors have been very respectful all around so thank you!

To Hunterworks point, when a site is strictly focussed on getting advertisers, sometimes members wants and needs can go un-noticed. As I have explained to several of the members and spondors here, we are not a revenue based site. As previously mentioned, out main focus is our members. Our very generous sponsors have made it possible to build a machine so that we may share what works and what can be done to the Teryx. I will not go into the costs of running the site as that is not an issue anyone here needs to deal with, member or sponsor. I will say that much more than just money goes into a site...and as the site grows, so will the cost, literally and figuratively speaking.

I did speak to PowerTrip in regards to a post I saw elsewhere...being the perfectionist that I am, and how protective I am of my members, I specifically asked him if he felt the same way about this site.

As your boss may have told you, I will tell you the same...I have an open door policy, if there is something you do not think is right, or a change you feel needs to be addressed, I absolutely want you to get in touch with me. Several people here will tell you that nine times out of ten, I will respond with my number so that we can actually have a conversation instead of just sending messages back and forth. Any conversation is confidential regardless of the method, unless you specifically state that the information can be shared publicly. Each and every member here is part of a community, but that does not mean that your individual voice goes unheared. I have a suggestion and feedback forum for a reason, and you will find that usually before I make a change to the site, that I get everyones feedback first.

As far as for NEVERENOUGH, lunch was great, guess next one is on me you have a wonderful family, you should be proud.

Thank you again everyone for what you have and will do in the future for this site.

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 02:15 PM

I realize I am a little late on this post but just found it because trying to find a supplier in Canada who may stock some Teryx goodies. Just wondering if DougS found anyone???
Again, good job diesel on the website. I check out a few before, really liked this one so jumped aboard. Appreciate all the guys and good post on here. Hope to help out and post when can. Thanks everyone!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 02:18 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Thanks Junior, while we may not be the largest, we do strive to be the best.

Thank you for your contributions and support!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement