SDR Motorsports - Kawasaki Teryx Forums: Kawasaki UTV Teryx Forum
Vendor / Member Feedback Share past experiences you've had with vendors or members.
Verification / proof will be requested on all negative feedback.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

SDR Motorsports

Tim at SDR Motorsports is doing a build on my new 09 Teryx and I just had to post and let everyone know what a great shop he runs. I had never even heard of a Teryx before a few weeks ago. To be honest I have always been a dirt biker and don't even like quads much less UTVs. My wife is the type that I don't know if she could even ride a quad and she didn't really seem to want to so I just setup up our toy hauler real nice for her with a few HD TVs, satellite, 2000 watt inverter with four golf cart batteries, 2 ACs, etc. and she was totally fine with just hanging out in the trailer and scrapbooking, watching TV etc while me and the buddies would go ride. Well we had two boys in the last few years and she didn't seem to be very happy hanging out in the trailer with them anymore while I went off riding. I was planning on getting her a quad with a centrifugal clutch and the boys some 50s with training wheels. Well last time we went out they ended up riding around on one of my friends golf carts and really seemed to have a blast including my wife. Since you can't buy 50s anymore for the time being and it would probably be another year or two before the kids are really ready for them anyway I decided I should get a golf cart. Well of course that quickly changed to, I might as well get a UTV. Since I was never into UTVs and never really followed them I of course thought I was going to get a Rhino but after about an hour on the internet found out about the Teryx and that it was the one to get. So about two days later I went and picked up an 09 Sport. After finding and cruising this forum it sounded like Tim at SDR was one of the better builders in my area. So I gave him a call and decided to have him do my build. He seems like the most down to earth guy and really took the time to talk to me about what my vision is for my car and what I want to do with it and he took me around the shop showing me lots of different cars and different ways I could go and what would probably work best for me. He even pointed out lots of less expensive options if I wanted to save money instead of just trying to sell me the most expensive thing. I think we talked for over an hour. Then a few days later I was posting here about how I was going to be in a time crunch trying to install a power steering unit and HID lights because I was picking the car up from him the day before a trip to Glamis and he saw the post and told me to bring the stuff down to him and he would install them for me while the the car was in his shop. So today I bring the stuff down and we spend probably another hour talking about my car what other things I might want to do in the future like lights, cooler racks, long travel kits, wheels, etc. and he tells me I should really at least put on some wheel spacers for stability and safety with my two little kids in the back and then he tells me he will just throw them in on my build because he would just feel better if I had them on the car. I've always thought about if I had my own business how I would treat customers and Tim is one of the few guys I have had the pleasure to deal with that has met what my own standards would be if I ran a business.

Here are some shots of my kids tearing apart Tim's car in the showroom today.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 09:49 PM
CommanderTalk.com

Yes I have talked to Tim on many occassions and he really does seem to care about his customers. He will take whatever time is necessary to discuss options or answer questions. Glad everything is working out well for you my friend, make sure to share some pics of the build when it is done

AllTerrainJournal.com --> www.AllTerrainJournal.com

I support every man and women in the armed forces, I wish you all the best and thank you!

2008 Kawasaki Teryx | 840cc BBK w/ stage III cams | FST long travel and HD steering | Twisted Stitch seats | FST cage | Muzzy dual exhaust | Dynatek prog CDI | aFe intake | HiPer carbon fiber beadlocks | Goodyear MT/Rs | Crow restraints | SafeGlo LED and FO whips | NightOwl HID conversion | Edge series 40" LED lightbar | Fuego Dual HID lights | Dalton clutch kit and OD cover | Full audio | Navigation | Power steering | TrailTech Vapor computer | Factory UTV skids | Airtite Art custom paint | Maier plastics
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 11:10 PM

x 2 .

SKG you're gonna love the way Tim and crew set up your ride. He is all about the customer experience and wants you to enjoy your ride a smuch as he does building them. He was able to cure my "INOS" (impatient new owner syndrome) and did a complete build of my 09' Teryx in only 2 weeks from our inital conversation. Once a couple of the new mods are out he's getting my biz for the 840 kit. Hope to see you in the dirt. I'm sure I'll recognize one of his builds!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Teryx.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1088  

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 07:33 PM

I talked to Tim last year at the ssss and if I were closer I would be doing alot of business with him. He has a good rep on the internet and is very down to earth. Lets see some pics of your ride bet it looks sharp.

Too much is neverenough
2003 duramax dually for towing
2004 Gearbox toyhauler 30fs
2006 limited yfz 450 mine
2003 Pred 500 wifes
1986 4trax 250R sons
1997 300ex daughter
2006 250ex daughter
2008 Teryx ours
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVERENOUGH View Post
I talked to Tim last year at the ssss and if I were closer I would be doing alot of business with him. He has a good rep on the internet and is very down to earth. Lets see some pics of your ride bet it looks sharp.
Tell him I say hello...
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 03:33 PM

we want pictures when he is done.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

For sure. Hopefully I will have time to take an post some on Thursday when I get it home but if not, for sure when I get back from Glamis that weekend.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 09:23 PM

skg, I will have to agree, Tim has been a great asset to me also when it has come down to what I should do and not do. He definitely takes the time to let you know your options. I am and will continue to do business with SDR Motorsports.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 10:21 PM

Tim has always done right by me.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement